Supersport non-S owners - quickshifter - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Supersport non-S owners - quickshifter

Folks,

I got the non-S version because I really didn't think I needed the Ohlins, but I did really want the rear seat cowl and quick shifter, so I got those afterwards.

If anyone else is in the same boat, here's some info.

DQS - I ordered this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Ducati-Monste...+quick+shifter

While it is plug n play, you WILL need to have a dealer (or someone) use a DDS for the bike to recognize a DQS is present. Without the flash, you will not see the option to turn on/off the DQS in the system menu. Without the reflash, the bike will not cut the engine power for upshifts and auto blip for downshifts.

Seat Cowl - I got this one and it is perfect:
https://www.amazon.com/Ducati-Supers...port+seat+cowl

Hope this helps!
Ed K, Rhino and alfa.rbt like this.
post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 11:15 AM

I have just ordered the quick shifter from a Ducati dealer in the UK for 142.
I very much doubt if you will get anyone apart from Ducati to enable it on the bike.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredinfrance View Post
I have just ordered the quick shifter from a Ducati dealer in the UK for 142.
I very much doubt if you will get anyone apart from Ducati to enable it on the bike.
I have a shop here that does Ducati work (non-dealer) and they could have done the reflash, but their computer update system was down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 11:58 AM

I bought the standard SS and ordered the DQS and heated grips. The dealer installed both and did the reflash. Because I purchased the standard model, Ducati offered 2.99% financing or free panniers. I didn't need financing; so, I opted for the free panniers. With the aftermarket parts I spent less than the cost of an S. I also use both the panniers and the heated grips. I think my suspension is very good and can't imagine why I would need the Ohlins since I don't go to the track. I won't ever have a passenger; so, I could buy the seat cowl.

I would find the standard SS to be undesirable if the DQS could not be an aftermarket installation.
amoslws, Vlerk and allwoodd like this.

post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 12:07 PM

I originally specced my non s SS with the QS as an add-on part. The odd thing was that I found it badly affected my insurance premium, to the point that some well know insurers refused cover. I found this a bit strange, but for that and the fact that the dealer struggled to get one in stock, I cancelled. Did anyone else declare to their insurer that they had the QS fitted and have problems?
I'm think about changing for a SS-S just to get the QS now. (Also the retro fitted QS is up shift only, factory one on the SS-S is up/down)
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbus330 View Post
...Also the retro fitted QS is up shift only, factory one on the SS-S is up/down)
I've got a base SS with QS up and down
gnelson likes this.

Past
99 SV650 - Sweet twin,
03 ZX6R - Mental thing,
01 R1 - Kept breaking down,
16 Z1000 - Pure hooligan,
15 Blade SP - God she was fast,

Current
18 Ducati SuperSport - Mods - quickshifter, seat cowl, throttle mod, tail tidy, LED indys, Delkevic decat exhaust
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Also the retro fitted QS is up shift only, factory one on the SS-S is up/down
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa.rbt View Post
I was just about to post that it was the first I had heard of that. Thanks for confirming, alfa.

And I'm not sure why a quickshifter would make insurance cost more...sounds wrong. If anything, it should make it lower. Seems like keeping your fingers firmly attached to the grips would be a positive safety feature, not a negative one.
alfa.rbt likes this.

~David~

post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa.rbt View Post
Very interesting, that info came from the dealer. Also on Ducati website link below. No mention of blipper/downshift.
SuperSport Ducati Configurator

sorry, link won't work properly. If you go click Accessories>Electronic Componants
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Very interesting, that info came from the dealer. Also on Ducati website link below. No mention of blipper/downshift.
SuperSport Ducati Configurator

sorry, link won't work properly. If you go click Accessories>Electronic Componants
TBH the dealers generally speak a lot sh!t. Best place for information is in this forum. Plenty of knowledge in here. Much more than you could get from the dealer.. They are salesmen with salesman talk.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018, 03:02 PM

On the non S you don't need a QS for up changes as it does it anyway, just out upward pressure on the gear lever slightly back off the throttle and it will change up without clutch.
The Ducati QS fitted as an extra to my nieces new Monster 821 is a proper up down shifter and it is the same part number as the SS one. I have ordered one for my SS.
As for insurance, UK insurance is a law unto itself.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page