Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

Ducati Contact Information

16K views 90 replies 23 participants last post by  Rockrend 
#1 ·
Hi guys I need some help in trying to contact anyone in Ducati that will respond back ! My bike has been away for what I consider a minor warranty issue for 7 weeks I have just been told that it is going to be at least another 15 days as the gear select sensor and the Map sensor are on back order. I have not been able speak to anyone from Ducati as they have made it impossible. I have tried many times to go through the recommended channels filled out online contact forms etc. I even resorted to contacting Ducati Australia Facebook site were they did reply (surprise surprise)they don't want any bad social media. they typed nice, nice bulshit and said they will pass my info over to someone and no one has contacted me. I contacted Sunshine coast DOCS and asked them as surely they must have a contact as an affiliated Ducati owners Club, No !! members only gave suggestions and said how they had failed themselves on being able to contact Ducati one member PM me and told me to call the Sidney dealer as they were his best bet when he had his bike kept for 9 weeks and within that time his bike had run out of warranty and Ducati refused to pay under warranty. The more I get into this the more I think how can I keep a bike that has no support network if something goes wrong. I need to be able to know I can resolve this and not just receive my bike back in 9 , 10 , 11 weeks and ...... nothing, even if it is fixed. If anyone has any contact info or suggestions I would be great full.

#5 ·
Hey Rhino,

Try Facebook as DucColin mentioned but also LinkedIn (you may need to get an account, but there isn't a fee to join). There is a Ducati Group and I see lots of big wigs posting there (HQ/Italy, Customer Service, Engineers, etc.). Its freaking ridiculous the amount of bull$HIT you are going through just to get your bike repaired.

Best of luck,
spartan

#6 ·
Thanks Guys @spartan1984 @DucColin I did send a PM on facebook and yes I got a reply back all Nice but it goes nowhere.this is my message and responses

Hi my Name is ####### ###### I am a passionate supporter of the Ducat Brand. I love my Ducati Supersport S But I have a problem which has me very frustrated my Supersport is in the shop on a warranty issue and has been away being fixed now for 7 weeks and have no indication on how much longer it will take. I am very disappointed in the lack of importance that has been shown and to be honest every avenue of support and service has been below any other brand i have ever had. i have always stuck up for Ducati but to be honest the general perception of Ducati Australia buy any motorcycle riders out there with the exception of Ducati riders is not good. I have written to Ducati via your contact form on your website but no one has responded or been in touch with me The dealer is blaming Ducati for any delays and it is all just Unacceptable. you can do much better in fact outside of Australia Ducati does very well with there support and service. I cannot believe i have had to resort to Facebook to try and get some support. This is my last effort before i will be taking legal advice. Ducati Australia are letting this Iconic Brand Down. My Bike VIN no is : ZDM##########1728 y Mobile No is 0400####92 My office no is 07 412####8 please pass my details to someone who can Help.

Hi ####, I too am disappointed that you have been left without your SuperSport for 7 weeks without the appropriate communication and update. I have passed your message onto the Aftersales Department Manager for escalation.

Thank you

Please don't hesitate to make contact if you do not have an update from the dealership.

The thing is the dealer is doing their best and I have sympathy for them but the result is the same nothing is getting sorted which I know could be sorted if there was the training and parts available locally like other brands. The alternative is that the Bike cannot be fixed . And that is just crazy. I have only had the bike 9 months and soon I will have been without it for 3 months I am paying insurance ! I am missing out on planed rides ? All because I love Ducati is it worth it ? My fellow riders say no. I would have expected a loan bike or something until Ducati worked out what the problem is.

#18 ·
Thanks Guys @spartan1984 @DucColin I did send a PM on facebook and yes I got a reply back all Nice but it goes nowhere.this is my message and responses

Hi my Name is ####### ###### I am a passionate supporter of the Ducat Brand. I love my Ducati Supersport S But I have a problem which has me very frustrated my Supersport is in the shop on a warranty issue and has been away being fixed now for 7 weeks and have no indication on how much longer it will take. I am very disappointed in the lack of importance that has been shown and to be honest every avenue of support and service has been below any other brand i have ever had. i have always stuck up for Ducati but to be honest the general perception of Ducati Australia buy any motorcycle riders out there with the exception of Ducati riders is not good. I have written to Ducati via your contact form on your website but no one has responded or been in touch with me The dealer is blaming Ducati for any delays and it is all just Unacceptable. you can do much better in fact outside of Australia Ducati does very well with there support and service. I cannot believe i have had to resort to Facebook to try and get some support. This is my last effort before i will be taking legal advice. Ducati Australia are letting this Iconic Brand Down. My Bike VIN no is : ZDM##########1728 y Mobile No is 0400####92 My office no is 07 412####8 please pass my details to someone who can Help.

Hi ####, I too am disappointed that you have been left without your SuperSport for 7 weeks without the appropriate communication and update. I have passed your message onto the Aftersales Department Manager for escalation.

Thank you

Please don't hesitate to make contact if you do not have an update from the dealership.

The thing is the dealer is doing their best and I have sympathy for them but the result is the same nothing is getting sorted which I know could be sorted if there was the training and parts available locally like other brands. The alternative is that the Bike cannot be fixed . And that is just crazy. I have only had the bike 9 months and soon I will have been without it for 3 months I am paying insurance ! I am missing out on planed rides ? All because I love Ducati is it worth it ? My fellow riders say no. I would have expected a loan bike or something until Ducati worked out what the problem is.
Hey Rhino,

I took the liberty of popping off an e-mail to the Spare Parts Business Manager at Ducati North America regarding your issue (I copied and pasted from your original message). Want to see if he can provide any advice, hopefully he'll respond and if so, I'll pass on to you and other forum members.

spartan

Reactions: Rhino
#7 ·
from My investigations I am thinking that Fraser Motorcycles in Sydney is actually the Importers of Ducati in Australia and may well be the only contact, strange ? I will be calling them on Tuesday as its a holiday on Monday and if they are the importers I will be flying to Sydney in 3 weeks and walking into there Offices.

#8 ·
Hi Rhino,
It is for the exact same reasons that I will be selling my SSS in future. There is little to no support from my local dealer and having to go to the shop is just not worth the stress and anxiety. Additionally the Australian distributor is not much better. Remember it’s not a public holiday in NSW on Monday, just Qld and NT, so no problems with contacting Frasers in Sydney. Best of luck.

#9 ·
What about a Current Affair. They love stories like this.

You could also contact Choice, they seem to have some success when they add their weight to the argument.

You need some form of advocate. Under Australian consumer law you have a right to a refund, replacement, or repair if goods do not meet reasonable expectations. I think Ducati guaranteeing 48 hours for parts anywhere in the world is a noose they have put their neck in in relation to repair...

#16 ·
Thanks for your offer but I don't think I can cut out the dealer as it is all being done under warranty. And by the amount of posts on this site about the Quick shifter faults and replacement gear select sensors, there is no wonder it is on back order (only wish they had ordered it 7 weeks ago) the interesting thing with my bike that I haven't seen yet with anyone else is the throttle sensor and MAP sensor which they are looking to replace.

#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is my reply
Hi xxxx,

Thank you for making contact with me
I am sure you appreciate how frustrating it has been to up to this point. I have tried endlessly to contact someone from Ducati as I felt that I needed to let Ducati know of my situation and highlight how the system is failing its customers in this area. As previously stated I am Pro Ducati and love my Bike. At this point I am happy to leave you to proceed and hope that your influence may speed the return of my bike. I would however like to have the conversation in the near future.
You may well be aware that I am part of a large online Ducati social community group and we are all hoping that my Situation is an oversight and not the norm .

Regards

#29 ·
Well said @Rhino , Hopefully they get your problem resolved soon. I too feel it is way too long to have a 2017 bike, which is still in warranty, in the repair shop without doing everything possible to get you back on the road again as quick as possible. That means taking parts from a new bike if waiting for parts is the issue...A loaner Ducati would be a must long before now in my eyes too...

#31 ·
At the very least, Ducati Australia should be providing a Panigale V4 loaner until your bike is sorted. Incentive for Ducat Australia to get it sorted fast, and some measure of redress for yourself for being without a bike for 10 weeks.

#33 ·
Ok latest news is that they managed to steal the parts needed off a bike somewhere? and have fitted and tested.......and .... no didn't work there is still a problem and now it is not actually engaging gears ? so something is strange. they are now suspecting a wiring issue rather than the sensors and ECU which have all being checked, I do have some sympathy with them trying to diagnose this as I am baffled too and wouldn't know which way to go from here ? ...... I'm going to have to learn how to ride again if this goes much longer.

#34 ·
Just out of interest, did you have the writing harness recall performed? There’s a **** of a lot of cabling in that particular harness they check, maybe that has contributed. Just a though.

#35 ·
Yes they have done that. I have a feeling that this will be solved soon as there seems to be a lot more attention being directed to this. Initially due to my and other members online activity and now to the unusual nature of the faults.

#36 ·
Not trying to intensify the disappointment but in the grand scheme of Ducati's bottom line, I think a one-for-one swap (new bike for your broken bike) is not even a blip on the CFO's radar.

In the day and age of the global information environment that's measured in seconds, I would think Ducati SpA would look forward to getting this bike off the public radar and back to the factory for diagnosis.

I suspect the real problem here is the dealer is inexperienced when it comes to communicating to Bologna to trigger this action (one-for-one) that is, I think, easily within Ducati SpA's means.

While some may counter that Ducati SpA could be getting on a slippery slope and that every Tom, Dick and Harry will then want his bike swapped out, there is a whole team of Ducati attorneys and middle managers who can protect Ducati SpA from a policy landslide.

#37 ·
Your probably right we all know Ducati have some very smart people who could sort this issue out once it was placed in there capable hands.Ducati are aware of my antics on this forum ( I am extremely annoyed that all my positive historic posts and activity on this site have been over shadowed by this, it sucks)

#38 ·
Ok was contacted by someone this evening who knows NFI and has dealt with them before. He has said that the Shitkiker I'm currently dealing with is there to deflect the flack (I'm so annoyed that this guy is not taking me seriously). So tomorrow I will call him and he will help me direct my efforts in another direction. I will be sending an email to them and Eduardo Carbonell. No more Mr Nice Guy. It is also my Birthday tomorrow, I usually get motorbike stuff on my birthday. not this time I have told family not to. All funds are now diverted to legal and ..................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.