Ceramic coating info, ANYBODY.... - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Question Ceramic coating info, ANYBODY....

Anyone have ANY experience with this process/stuff?

https://born2rideclub.com/products/c...-glass-coating

Put this on another forum, almost 40 views, yet no replies, someone must know something about it, so I thought Id try a different forum.
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 05:11 PM
SuperSport Master

I have only seen very impressive promo's on this stuff but no testimonials ? looks good but is it ? what does that stuff look like after its been on for months ? Im with you need to know more then I'm in
JaggerCat likes this.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
I have only seen very impressive promo's on this stuff but no testimonials ? looks good but is it ? what does that stuff look like after its been on for months ? Im with you need to know more then I'm in

While I can see this working on the glossy red bikes, Im a bit leary of the matte white finish....however, I just realized I still have my damaged body panels from my accident, I bet I could test them with this process and see what the results would be, could prove quite interesting!
Rhino likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 06:58 PM
Training Wheels

Garage
While I can't vouch for this particular brand, I've had great experience with opti-coat (similar concept) on my car. Had it done professionally in 2013, and water still beads after 5 years. I've never waxed/polished it. I do keep it very clean most of the time though. The paint looks 'almost' brand new every time I wash it.

I haven't bothered with my bike as it is always garaged apart from the time I ride it. From memory I think I paid around AUD 700 back then.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
IDK about this stuff...I'm leery. Anytime I see something heavily discounted, its makes me think its crap and they're trying to sell off inventory. Purchase at your own risk. I would rather have the real thing professionally applied...like Opti-Coat that 1life stated. Although I've never had this applied, I've several friends that have and they swear by it. I've seen the results and it is quite impressive.

~David~

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 08:02 AM
Chicken Strips

Garage
I’ve been looking into it for over a yr... spoke to a few places and ceramic pro head office in America .. it won’t stop stone chips (PPF is what ceramic pro suggest if you want to stop scratches) but graffiti comes straight off , road grime and bird poop ect , UV protection , won’t fade and looks like brand new and shiny , life time warranty and never need to polish , dirt will come straight off with water and a rag if it’s something really bad.. it’s been done over a yr ago on a white sss and came out great.. can’t find video now tho.. I’m getting it done as soon as the rest of my carbon from fullsix arrives... you would need heaps and heaps of layers to have it scratch proof . Would cost you nearly thousands...!!! To get it to that point... cheaper to respray if scratched. But besides the scratch resistance it works wonders...! Will look better than showroom condition always.. with not much effort to wash.. I was ment to get it done b4 I picked bike up but now waiting till all carbon on it..

JaggerCat and Rhino like this.

I Can't Wait To Get a DUCATI....! 🇮🇹🏁

I Now Own That DUCATI....! 🇮🇹🏁

Last edited by Gcati937sss; 08-20-2018 at 08:07 AM.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 08:56 PM
SuperSport Master

From a trustworthy and reliable source, recommend those interested in ceramic finishes take a look at the Autogeek site for finish information.

They also have a user forum for members.
spinkick likes this.

So, lemme get this straight.

I twist this little tube, it gets loud, I go forward really fast and it makes me smile...is that how it all works?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingClever View Post
From a trustworthy and reliable source, recommend those interested in ceramic finishes take a look at the Autogeek site for finish information.

They also have a user forum for members.
I actually went to a local place that does this stuff, figured itd be safer having it done by a professional rather than DIY and screwing it up. The guy there said he do my bike for $300 which I thought was rather reasonable, Ill have him do some test spots on the damaged panels first to see if I like the results.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 11:01 PM
Chicken Strips

Garage
Look at dr beasley's matte paint coating if you have a white one. The autogeek site is the place to learn about these coatings, people know which ones really work.

18 Panigale V4
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 06:17 AM
owl
Training Wheels

Garage
I had my red SSS ceramic coated by the dealer before I picked it up.

That was 3 months ago. Haven't needed to apply any polish. I guess I'll know whether it was worth the expense in a couple of years from now.
JaggerCat, Rhino and Gcati937sss like this.

Ducati Supersport S
KTM 1290 SuperDuke R-SE

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page