20Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Unread 06-27-2019, 06:40 PM
Knee Dragger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonss View Post
Does yours fling everywhere?
I use Maxima Chainwax and it's pretty clean.
No. Under the guards there is less buildup than with the spray on lubes.

I've wiped two black drops off my helmet in 1500ks.

There is no oil on the rim. I had it set too fast to begin with and there were spots on the rim, but now I've found a setting I like and I think it's cleaner than spray lube.

It also means I'm not getting sticky lube and grime creating a grinding paste...

She's not an Italian supermodel; they're high maintenance.
She's the cute Italian girl from school you wish you kept in contact with...
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Unread 06-27-2019, 08:39 PM
Training Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresanothersteve View Post
No. Under the guards there is less buildup than with the spray on lubes.

I've wiped two black drops off my helmet in 1500ks.

There is no oil on the rim. I had it set too fast to begin with and there were spots on the rim, but now I've found a setting I like and I think it's cleaner than spray lube.

It also means I'm not getting sticky lube and grime creating a grinding paste...
I usually clean my chain every 600 miles when I wash the bike. I use maxima cleaner that can be rinsed off with water.

2018 Ducati Supersport
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Unread 07-28-2019, 02:19 PM
Training Wheels

Garage
I just ordered a Snapjack SS from my local MC Parts dealer. We measured the inside diameter of the hub and it measured 42 mm. Which is exactly the size it recommends. In addition my dealer called up Basil from Tirox (owner of the product) and he advised it should work on our bikes. There are already some SS owners using the product. See Fortnine web site review from a SS owner. Anyway I should get mine in a few days and will post a followup for those interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Unread 07-28-2019, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

@Ducati-Ice That would be great to post a follow-up...

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2015 Ducati Scrambler
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Unread 07-29-2019, 11:52 AM
SuperSport Master

By the look of things this snap jack lifts the rear and the weight of the engine rests on the side stand..
I don't like that idea.

One of those single sided pitstands are pricey to me so I use the same rear pitstand I have used for years on my other bikes... Might seem primitive but I trust it.
A solid bar through the hub and an old trusty stand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15644154380637877098008566570543.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	38162  

Last edited by amoslws; 07-29-2019 at 11:55 AM.
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Unread 07-29-2019, 12:41 PM
Training Wheels

I think folks buying this are looking for something they can carry with them. Not for me. I feel a lot safer just pushing the bike along to move the chain.

At home I use a single sided rear stand. Not expensive compared to the cost of the bike.
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Unread 07-29-2019, 09:20 PM
Training Wheels

Garage
I agree it does place some extra weight on the kick stand but I dont think it s that much. The snapjqck stand itself takes some weight the rest is distributed between the front wheel and side stand. If the kick stand cant handle the additional weight then it's probably no safer than if you were to lean on the bike with the side stand down. I can't believe that our kick stands are that delicate. This won't be a daily occurance most likely used 3 times a season to clean and lube chain.

I have used a similar product on my previous bikes for years with no issues. I even asked the Ducati dealer where I purchased the product what they thought. They said they wouldn't worry about. The stands are designed to handle loads alot more than what the entire bike weighs.
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Unread 07-30-2019, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati-Ice View Post
I just ordered a Snapjack SS from my local MC Parts dealer. We measured the inside diameter of the hub and it measured 42 mm. Which is exactly the size it recommends. In addition my dealer called up Basil from Tirox (owner of the product) and he advised it should work on our bikes. There are already some SS owners using the product. See Fortnine web site review from a SS owner. Anyway I should get mine in a few days and will post a followup for those interested.
Looking forward to a followup
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Unread 08-02-2019, 02:46 PM
Training Wheels

Garage
Followup:

Ok I picked up the Snapjack SS yesterday. Looks like a solid product.. I decided to try it out today to help me in cleaning and lubing the chain. The jack works great. It fits our hub without any issues. Just gave the inside of the hub a quick clean. It was easy to lift the bike up. Was stable. It only lifts the wheel about an inch off the ground. I didn't see any concerns with any possible extra weight on the kick stand. The way I see it it's probably no different than if the bike was on a slight decline away from the kick stand side and if you parked the bike that way. Its easy to use. Just install as noted.

It's good value for the price. Works as indicated.

You can see a video on the Tirox web site. Make sure you pick the Snapjack SS version.
JaggerCat likes this.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Unread 08-02-2019, 03:25 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati-Ice View Post
Followup:

You can see a video on the Tirox web site. Make sure you pick the Snapjack SS version.
It might be my video that I posted for them with my previous bike, they gave me a free SnapJack for doing it.