2020 model Supersport - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 259Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheels

2020 model Supersport

Hi Im just wondering if anyone has heard any news on next years model and if there is any updates on the way.
Im tempted to pull the trigger on a new 2019 sss but Im hesitant as the current model has had quite a long run with no major updates and my gut says there may be some changes and updates coming. Maybe a TFT screen, cruise control, styling change, electronic suspension? Normally new models turn up at the Eurpoean shows in Oct, Nov. As current owners what would you like to see revised or changed?
post #2 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 07:36 AM
Knee Dragger

Garage
I keep hoping for a 2020 refresh, but haven't heard anything yet. I'm guessing any 2020 refresh will be far overshadowed by a V4 Streetfigher.

As a current owner, the only thing this bike really needs is a 1200 motor option from the Monster with the 11 degree heads/cams.

What you should expect is a "950" upgrade similar to the Hyper 950 upgrade from 939, and also the Multi 950, that includes the IMU and cornering ABS. The Supersport is the last new Ducati model that doesn't include cornering abs. It seems like Ducati is going back to hydraulic clutches across the lineup, expect to see that on a refreshed Supersport.

Ducati will really miss the mark if they don't also include the Scrambler's self cancelling turn signals fed from the IMU, and a cruise control option from the Multi 950 to really round out the Touring half of the sport-touring package.

The TFT dash is standard on the Hyper 950, but the Multi 950 gets a black/white dash like the current Supersport. It's pretty, but I don't have a desire either way on it.

I'd be even happier if there were an additional R model that included the S models' front/rear Ohlins and U/D quickshifter, plus the Monster 1200R motor and forged aluminum wheels with light weight rotors.

1994 900 SS/CR
2017 939 SuperSport S

It's Italian. If I can get it to start, it'll win.
post #3 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 08:34 AM
SuperSport Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyopper View Post
I keep hoping for a 2020 refresh, but haven't heard anything yet. I'm guessing any 2020 refresh will be far overshadowed by a V4 Streetfigher.

As a current owner, the only thing this bike really needs is a 1200 motor option from the Monster with the 11 degree heads/cams.

What you should expect is a "950" upgrade similar to the Hyper 950 upgrade from 939, and also the Multi 950, that includes the IMU and cornering ABS. The Supersport is the last new Ducati model that doesn't include cornering abs. It seems like Ducati is going back to hydraulic clutches across the lineup, expect to see that on a refreshed Supersport.

Ducati will really miss the mark if they don't also include the Scrambler's self cancelling turn signals fed from the IMU, and a cruise control option from the Multi 950 to really round out the Touring half of the sport-touring package.

The TFT dash is standard on the Hyper 950, but the Multi 950 gets a black/white dash like the current Supersport. It's pretty, but I don't have a desire either way on it.

I'd be even happier if there were an additional R model that included the S models' front/rear Ohlins and U/D quickshifter, plus the Monster 1200R motor and forged aluminum wheels with light weight rotors.
Rumour has it this side that a smaller V4 ducati is going to be released... could it be the pani 959 or supersport replacement? That comes from the local ducati owners club after the annual presidents visit to Italy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Interesting, a smaller V4...?

It would seem Ducati would expand the current config more before going to another. But either way, it will be interesting...

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2015 Ducati Scrambler
post #5 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 10:58 AM
Training Wheels

Garage
A friend of mine have seen a small Pani in Italy 2 weeks ago. Ducati team was testing it on track
Ed K and amoslws like this.
post #6 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
A smaller V4...? That could work. I would possibly make that trade...as long as the reviews are positive. A color display would make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, too.
JaggerCat, djcmx49 and A8tomic like this.

~David~

post #7 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 12:02 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
A smaller V4...? That could work. I would possibly make that trade...as long as the reviews are positive. A color display would make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, too.
And letís not forget that hopefully the price doesnít skyrocket near the V4 price point. More power and the above mentioned things in the previous posts would be great, I personally hope they donít change the body work too radically, maybe some different color options would be nice. But the biggest issue for me would definitely be price.
Miweber929 likes this.
post #8 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 12:11 PM
Elbow Dragger

I'd be surprised if a new model were coming out soon. The SS hasn't been a home run in sales. I wouldn't be surprised if an "R" version were to come out but only after the supply of existing bikes has been sold.

Anyway, there's no hint of a new bike whereas this model was previewed for a year before introduction.

Of course we can wait for the EICMA show and see.
Ed K likes this.

John L
post #9 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 04:48 PM
SuperSport Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf67 View Post
A friend of mine have seen a small Pani in Italy 2 weeks ago. Ducati team was testing it on track
Shame he or she never got any photos for you to post here..
JaggerCat likes this.
post #10 of 183 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 07:08 PM
Chicken Strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyopper View Post
Who knows what Ducati might do in the future, but they've already had a Monster R model for those who can't stand the leaned-over riding position of the Panigales. I'm not expecting a 1200 SS, as that might compete too directly with the Monsters and Panigales, but if they decide to do a smaller V4 Pani, who knows what else they might do? To me the biggest concern about a smaller V4 is the pricing, which would go way up.
psyopper likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page