Beeline MOTO SatNav Unit on SSS - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheels

Beeline MOTO SatNav Unit on SSS

I hate my phone. It is nothing more than a conduit for work-related nonsense, which is intolerable when I ride. I could turn off notifications, but it's just a PITA, one more thing to do as I kit up.

I just bought the Beeline MOTO sat nav thingy. It basically just points you where you need to go and has a cleverly simple way to showing you your next turn. There's also a compass mode, which just points an arrow to your destination, which is perfect because I like to explore, but eventually wind up *somewhere* - usually a coffee break or whatever.

The app uses Google Maps, but makes creating routes 100x easier than G-maps. Really nice interface.

The unit talks to my phone via Bluetooth, but as I don't listen to music or want to communicate when I ride, it's cool with me.

It comes with two mounts, and I removed the swing arm from the "sticky mount" and it's prefect in the cockpit of my new SSS. Thought I'd share this because it's the perfect solution for me.

I' surprised how nicely this thing integrates with my dash. It's like it's built for that spot on the SSS. And I can glance down and quickly see what my next move is, while also checking the LCD for whatever else I might want to know.

You can google BEELINE MOTO and find the thing.

No, I have no stake in the company at all, but I do believe in this little unit. Very cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	40136  
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 06:02 PM
Training Wheels

Garage
Excellent

Thanks for posting this. I didnít know anything like it existed. I was looking for something simple and non-distracting to help me navigate. I find myself getting way too sucked in by typical navigation apps and devices when in my car.

Like you, I donít even listen to music when riding. Even the Supersportís menus can take my eyes off the road longer than I like. I really try to maintain focus but this would be even less distracting than the instructions I currently tape to the forearm of my jacket when Iím going somewhere that requires directions.

Very cool!
LowRyter likes this.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-20-2020, 06:27 PM
Training Wheels

Iíve been using one and I really like it too. Iíve mounted it using the Ram mount and a bracket Iíve made to keep it discreet.

Got it as one of the Kickstarter backers last October and was looking forward to a good riding season this year. Oh well. 😳

Again, no connection to the company.
Miweber929 and allwoodd like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2020, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrider View Post
Even the Supersportís menus can take my eyes off the road longer than I like.!
I agree. As it's cold here, I find myself fussing with my heated grips a bit, and a dedicated button would be preferable. My previous bike had that, and it was better. On the other hand, I like the menu structure a lot. Just not exactly safe to tinker with while riding.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2020, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEJM View Post
Iíve been using one and I really like it too. Iíve mounted it using the Ram mount and a bracket Iíve made to keep it discreet.
Got a pic? I'd like to see where you put it.

Allen
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2020, 08:15 AM
Knee Dragger

This is an interesting product I may look into a bit more. Iím trying but just hate a GPS on a bike, especially when you are not following the set route due to construction or a detour and it just bitches at you to turn around and becomes completely useless. They also block your view of like the instruments if you put it in a spot you can see it enough to attempt to use it.

Iíll use it, but just as a backup, and prefer paper maps for routes.

This device gets rid of the bulk and simply tells you when to turn and how far in a clearly seen device. Interesting......

Mike

- 2017 Ducati Supersport S
- 2011 Triumph Sprint GT
- 2010 Yamaha WR250R
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2020, 10:27 AM
SuperSport Master

I have a question about using direction mode when not following a specified route.

Would the arrow point down a dead end road or a road the turns back in the opposite direction? Or would it only point to a route that would get the rider to the destination?

John L

Ducs quack at midnight and 9am
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2020, 01:17 PM
Training Wheels

Garage
Another question, Iím assuming it doesnít provide turn by turn voice prompts through its app either? I like the form factor and agree not having cell phone on my dash is appealing but given I have wireless communications in my helmet, Iíd like to keep my eyes on the road rather than glancing down and having to focus on a small area to pickup distance to the next turn. If it has voice, Iím probably a buyer.

2017 Ducati Supersport S
1997 Ducati 748 Monoposto
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200
2001 HD Road King Classic
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2020, 02:23 PM
Training Wheels

Garage
I like this gadget too, clean and simple.
No voice directions so you have to check the display for the next turn. It takes a bit of getting used to, the icons are a bit small but overall very satisfied.

In compass-mode it just point at the destination, no matter how you drive, so it doesn't warn for a dead end street or roadblocks...

Hans
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0062.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	40150  
Oldrider, LowRyter and Allen F like this.

1990 - 1994 Suzuki VS700
2005 - 2017 Yamaha BT1100
2017 - Ducati Supersport
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2020, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRyter View Post
I have a question about using direction mode when not following a specified route.

Would the arrow point down a dead end road or a road the turns back in the opposite direction? Or would it only point to a route that would get the rider to the destination?
There are two modes. Route mode works according to directions its getting from the app. So it wouldn't put you down a dead end road, and it reroutes just like google maps if you deviate from your set route. In compass mode, it just points to your destination the whole time, no matter where you are, so you can wander and just find your own way home. Two different, but usable modes. I used compass mode the other day to nav home, and it was a cool way to try some new roads without getting lost.

A.
Oldrider and LowRyter like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page