Top box options - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheels

Top box options

Hi everyone. I've been researching top boxes for the ss and arm the only option I can see is getting a Ventura rack and than any top box separate. Am I missing anything? Have anyone got one fitted or know of any other options? It seems like Givi and other usual suspects don't do it as yet. Kind regards, Rob

Past
99 SV650 - Sweet twin,
03 ZX6R - Mental thing,
01 R1 - Kept breaking down,
16 Z1000 - Pure hooligan,
15 Blade SP - God she was fast,

Current
18 Ducati SuperSport - Mods - quickshifter, seat cowl, throttle mod, tail tidy, LED indys, Delkevic decat exhaust
post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 11:08 AM
Chicken Strips

I think that you might find the responses very slow in coming. The SS is a very beautiful bike, far too beautiful to be fitted with a top box. The only Ducatis that I have ever seen with one is the old ST range and the Multistrada.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 03:23 PM
Training Wheels

Garage
If you don't have pillion, then it is possible to use a soft tail bag. These are available from many different manufacturers. I have a Bags Connection one and quite happy with that one. It has hook and bungee cord system that attaches underneath the pillion seat. That serves as an attachment point and will remain on the bike. Bag itself is then attached to the seat with another set of bungees. It is decently fast to attach and remove the bag and it is also secure at speed as it is in drivers slipstream.
Ed K and NothingClever like this.

Klag nicht, Kmpft!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredinfrance View Post
I think that you might find the responses very slow in coming. The SS is a very beautiful bike, far too beautiful to be fitted with a top box. The only Ducatis that I have ever seen with one is the old ST range and the Multistrada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jippo View Post
If you don't have pillion, then it is possible to use a soft tail bag. These are available from many different manufacturers. I have a Bags Connection one and quite happy with that one. It has hook and bungee cord system that attaches underneath the pillion seat. That serves as an attachment point and will remain on the bike. Bag itself is then attached to the seat with another set of bungees. It is decently fast to attach and remove the bag and it is also secure at speed as it is in drivers slipstream.
Well I can only afford one bike and use my as daily to get to work and back and as an weekend fun bike. I need a top box to keep my stuff in it so soft luggage is not an option. I've got 2 kriega bags for touring etc and they are gr8 but not secure to leave on the bike in the streets

Past
99 SV650 - Sweet twin,
03 ZX6R - Mental thing,
01 R1 - Kept breaking down,
16 Z1000 - Pure hooligan,
15 Blade SP - God she was fast,

Current
18 Ducati SuperSport - Mods - quickshifter, seat cowl, throttle mod, tail tidy, LED indys, Delkevic decat exhaust
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 05:09 PM
SuperSport Master

I looked into this early on and yes Ventura is the only system but you can get a Givi plate and top box to adapt to the Ventura frame. It gives you more options.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Gotta agree with Fred. In this case, for me at least, form over function.
DucColin likes this.

~David~

post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 10:27 AM
Training Wheels

The solutions for travel still disappoint me, I want to use this bike for medium range trips and I dont want to deal with lot of straps, seat bags and so on, neither the factory sidecases, and Im tired of the oh you cant fit a top case of this beautiful bike and you wanted it sporty? Well unless you are on a beautiful smooth road in a sunny day you have to cry mantras...wtf there are moments when you want to be cool and moments when you simply need room for your stuff, this is what a sport-tourer is meant to be, even if it ours is more sport than tourer.
Also fighter jets mount external tanks when needed...

Anyway, I think that Ventura is not the only choice, since the SS tail seems similar to the Monster 1200/S 2016 probably this one can be fitted/adjusted

SW-MOTECH ALU-RACK Top Rack To Fit Many Top Case Styles for Ducati Monster 821 '14-'17 & Monster 1200 '14-16 | TwistedThrottle.com

I dont like that you have to drill the bottom panel though, but it could be a good starting point for some self made solution not requiring that.

Also, playing a bit with the CAD Im using for my job (and the 3d model I found in internet) I tried to design my own solution using the GIVI 780FZ support made for some older Monster versions changing just the two brackets that connect the tubes to the seat subframe, having the chance to optionally mount the two SHAD structures for the side bags (acting like simple spacers, not for hold weights).
I have a friend that can make them and Im waiting for the samples for see if the thing works.
Posting a couple of pics FYI any comment is welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CF599991-7AF8-46A9-A873-2C53B86B4ADF.jpeg
Views:	335
Size:	476.3 KB
ID:	32258   Click image for larger version

Name:	E2B0BE37-1D35-42A0-A6B3-D55343DD08C8.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	566.3 KB
ID:	32260   Click image for larger version

Name:	1C3B27B9-BB6A-43C3-BE96-3BE4487BD94B.jpeg
Views:	221
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	32262  
Ed K, Gcati937sss and gnelson like this.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 10:55 AM
Chicken Strips

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
The solutions for travel still disappoint me, I want to use this bike for medium range trips and I dont want to deal with lot of straps, seat bags and so on, neither the factory sidecases, and Im tired of the oh you cant fit a top case of this beautiful bike and you wanted it sporty? Well unless you are on a beautiful smooth road in a sunny day you have to cry mantras...wtf there are moments when you want to be cool and moments when you simply need room for your stuff, this is what a sport-tourer is meant to be, even if it ours is more sport than tourer.
Also fighter jets mount external tanks when needed...

Anyway, I think that Ventura is not the only choice, since the SS tail seems similar to the Monster 1200/S 2016 probably this one can be fitted/adjusted

SW-MOTECH ALU-RACK Top Rack To Fit Many Top Case Styles for Ducati Monster 821 '14-'17 & Monster 1200 '14-16 | TwistedThrottle.com

I dont like that you have to drill the bottom panel though, but it could be a good starting point for some self made solution not requiring that.

Also, playing a bit with the CAD Im using for my job (and the 3d model I found in internet) I tried to design my own solution using the GIVI 780FZ support made for some older Monster versions changing just the two brackets that connect the tubes to the seat subframe, having the chance to optionally mount the two SHAD structures for the side bags (acting like simple spacers, not for hold weights).
I have a friend that can make them and Im waiting for the samples for see if the thing works.
Posting a couple of pics FYI any comment is welcome.
can you send me the 3d model? I wanna try some top box solutions too, in fact I will need it for my next trip to the mountains.

Buy Supersport wall poster here:Buy Prints

Paypal: Donate Here if my designs made your day.

post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-07-2018, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

@Mario Agree, would love an easily removable top case.

Would be great to have solution for shorter trips between panniers and backpack, in addition to Krieger packs.

Please keep us posted. Id buy one!
DucColin and Mario like this.

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2015 Ducati Scrambler
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 11:32 AM
Chicken Strips

Garage
https://www.ventura-bike.com/product...upersport-2017

Anyone checked these out?

Buy Supersport wall poster here:Buy Prints

Paypal: Donate Here if my designs made your day.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page