OEM Part Discount Venders? - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

OEM Part Discount Venders?

I finally got things (mostly) sorted with insurance from my ladder incident and have some money coming for parts. The dealer is not offering ANY discount on parts, especially since they are now NOT doing the work to the bike, so my question is does anyone know of anywhere doing a discount on OEM parts?

Specifically the items I知 looking at are: headlight, upper front cowl, and the left side mid and left lower fairings. Dealer pricing is $2,450 for those 4 parts, even 10% is a bunch of saved $$$$.

Any leads? Any sponsor/venders on the forum? I知 going to pull the bike apart this coming weekend and look for anything else I missed, so there may be more but I知 pretty confident this will cover it.

Thanks!!!!

Mike

- 2017 Ducati Supersport S
- 2011 Triumph Sprint GT
- 2010 Yamaha WR250R
- 2004 Yamaha WR450F (for sale)
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 11:54 PM
Knee Dragger

Why don't you e-mail the big dealers and see if you can get a deal.
theresanothersteve likes this.

John L
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 12:52 AM
Training Wheels

AMS in Dallas is probably a good choice. They do a lot of internet sales. They were great when I bought my Scrambler form them.
Miweber929 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 01:55 AM
SuperSport Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miweber929 View Post
I finally got things (mostly) sorted with insurance from my ladder incident and have some money coming for parts. The dealer is not offering ANY discount on parts, especially since they are now NOT doing the work to the bike, so my question is does anyone know of anywhere doing a discount on OEM parts?

Specifically the items I知 looking at are: headlight, upper front cowl, and the left side mid and left lower fairings. Dealer pricing is $2,450 for those 4 parts, even 10% is a bunch of saved $$$$.

Any leads? Any sponsor/venders on the forum? I知 going to pull the bike apart this coming weekend and look for anything else I missed, so there may be more but I知 pretty confident this will cover it.

Thanks!!!!
I bought a front fairing from Italo Shop. I had a bitter fight with my dealer over a warranty claim when the bike was new, I lost the battle and bought the cowl from this shop. It might be worth emailing them for prices but you'll have to give them the part number. He has direct contact with the ducati warehouse.

https://www.italo-shop.com/Superspor...2017:::48.html
Rhino and Miweber929 like this.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRyter View Post
Why don't you e-mail the big dealers and see if you can get a deal.
Who are the 澱ig dealers I should be contacting? AMS is about the only one I致e heard anything about, I planned to contact them.

Searching doesn稚 show me much other than names of places in big cities which I知 living in Minneapolis and should be in a big enough city but alas, not really. That痴 why I posted this thread

I知 going to call the second dealer in the area this afternoon and get their price but in the past they致e not dealt on anything Ducati not in stock when I wanted to buy DP parts.

For now I壇 like to stay US venders because overseas shipping usually eats up any discount I may get but if I need to, I値l look into go that route.

Mike

- 2011 Triumph Sprint GT
- 2010 Yamaha WR250R
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 10:44 AM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Who are the 澱ig dealers I should be contacting? AMS is about the only one I致e heard anything about, I planned to contact them.

Searching doesn稚 show me much other than names of places in big cities which I知 living in Minneapolis and should be in a big enough city but alas, not really. That痴 why I posted this thread

I知 going to call the second dealer in the area this afternoon and get their price but in the past they致e not dealt on anything Ducati not in stock when I wanted to buy DP parts.

For now I壇 like to stay US venders because overseas shipping usually eats up any discount I may get but if I need to, I値l look into go that route.
I would start with Mr Google ("discount OEM Ducati parts"). Several of dealers came up including a few mentioned on this thread. Send them a list and e-mail it. It's easy to cut and paste new addresses.

There is also ebay.

My guess, since these are low density supply items, I would imagine most of the new parts would be priced the same but you might some deals for used and take off parts. And I am also suspicious that Ducati might not allow for discounts and competition among the dealers.

John L
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 11:30 AM
Knee Dragger

Garage
Quote:
AMS Ducat Dallas, and also Ducati Omaha are well known for their parts availability and delivery. Really though any dealer can get you the parts you want at about the same price and delivery time.

There's no aftermarket body parts for our bikes, not at a discount any way. Aftermarket is all carbon-fiber and probaly 3x the price of the parts from Ducati. Ducati has no motivation to give you a discount as there's no competition for the parts, and no competetion for the bikes either, judging by the total lack of Supersports for sale in the local advertisements.

1994 900 SS/CR
2017 939 SuperSport S

It's Italian. If I can get it to start, it'll win.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Thanks guys.

Yeah, already done the Googling thing, not my first rodeo. I was just hoping there was some place I missed or a place someone else had worked with that would offer a slight discount. Doesn稚 appear to be, however.

All good, I値l probably just order locally.

Mike

- 2011 Triumph Sprint GT
- 2010 Yamaha WR250R
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Decided to order from AMS Ducati this afternoon.

They had better pricing than Ducati Omaha that basically matched the best prices from my local dealer, however they didn't charge tax or shipping which made it around $160 cheaper than getting it locally. And my local dealers only order Duc parts when they have enough to order, maybe every few weeks, I got an email an hour after I placed the order that they ordered the parts already.

We will see how it all goes and how long it takes to get here; be nice to have this all done.
se7en and NothingClever like this.

Mike

- 2011 Triumph Sprint GT
- 2010 Yamaha WR250R
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 05:07 PM
SuperSport Master

Quote:
Decided to order from AMS Ducati this afternoon.

They had better pricing than Ducati Omaha that basically matched the best prices from my local dealer, however they didn't charge tax or shipping which made it around $160 cheaper than getting it locally. And my local dealers only order Duc parts when they have enough to order, maybe every few weeks, I got an email an hour after I placed the order that they ordered the parts already.

We will see how it all goes and how long it takes to get here; be nice to have this all done.
Mike, I think you made a good choice with AMS Ducati.

I think your question was legit and I intuitively knew you had already tried narrowing down the options with Google. I haven’t seen as many parts warehouses for Ducati like I saw for BMW when I rode that brand. I used to have four different vendors rank-ordered for availability and velocity that I bought BMW parts from.

And if psyopper hasn’t identified a US vendor for Ducati parts other than AMS and Omaha, then that means there probably isn’t a dominant choice for Ducati like there are for BMW parts.
Miweber929 likes this.

So, lemme get this straight.

I twist this little tube, it gets loud, I go forward really fast and it makes me smile...is that how it all works?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page