Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

Evotech Oil Radiator Guard

6K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  se7en 
#1 ·
Ordered one awhile ago but finally decided to install it while I was doing the 9000 mile service checks since the fairings need to come off. I bought one because I noticed my oil radiator was looking pretty beat a couple thousand miles ago. It seems that the lower fairing and plastic around the radiators funnels rocks directly into the lower part of the oil cooler. You'll note in the picture that the oil cooler is getting hammered. Hopefully this well help keep it from getting worse. I just realized I forgot to bend the finds back to straight as I'm typing this...oh well.

Also, when I had the fairing off I noticed that the little fuse box next to the battery likes to lay horizontal and has left a dent in the left fairing and was doing lots of rubbing against things, so I zip tied it to another wire to keep it from getting worse.

Why is everything zip tied on this **** bike?! I was planning on doing the belt and valve service myself, but holy **** everything is ziptied and the vertical head is criss-crossed by wires and tubes. Probably just end up paying someone else to deal with the headache!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah I was warned about our country roads here which are all small stones stuck into hot bitumen. They come loose a lot, especially on hot days. I got the RadGuard x 2 grills installed before I picked up the bike. About AUD$150 if I remember rightly.

#15 ·
I have discovered a downside of the radiator guard. There is no longer a gap between the plastic fins and the radiator, so instead of rocks falling through, they now get caught between the guard and fins. Not an issue until it rained here in southern California and the water transported all the dirt and crap on the road onto my bike.

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
Rock collector! Time for the air compressor, it seems, and on the regular.

As a side note, I have those same sized rocks constantly sticking in my vehicle tires! BF Goodrich KO2's are bad with collecting those little buggers. I get as many in your pic each and every day (I park in a graveled area at work). D@mn things!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.