Full Colour TFT display - Page 2 - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 08:23 PM
Training Wheels

Garage
Tft

I had the same plan for my Pani 959. I bought a dash of the simple 1199. It has the same functions but has bigger letters for gear and is easier to read on Track.
bought a used one for 200. The Problem is the immobilizer. If you mount it it will not start. You need the key and Lock with that the dash is married.
You can not reset the Dash and marry it to another key. Only Ducati can but they dont do it. I asked Rexxer, but they can not do it with the modern bikes.
Mayby a brand new Dash will work. But 800 .
So i stay with my monochrome Dash and try to sell the 1199 Dash.
Cheers
Thomas
se7en likes this.

Season is finished. Maybe riding in Cartagena/Spain in January.
Plan 2020 is: DRE Evo Misano or Mugello, Sachsenring in June and Most in September.
DUCATI PANIGALE 959 CORSE
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 01:39 AM
SuperSport Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmo Tom View Post
I had the same plan for my Pani 959. I bought a dash of the simple 1199. It has the same functions but has bigger letters for gear and is easier to read on Track.
bought a used one for 200€. The Problem is the immobilizer. If you mount it it will not start. You need the key and Lock with that the dash is married.
You can not reset the Dash and marry it to another key. Only Ducati can but they dont do it. I asked Rexxer, but they can not do it with the modern bikes.
Mayby a brand new Dash will work. But 800 €.
So i stay with my monochrome Dash and try to sell the 1199 Dash.
Cheers
Thomas
That's correct, the dashboard carries the key code immobiliser. All the electronics are linked via the key sensor and the canbus hi and low. I'm looking into the IMU sensor off the 1200S monster 2017. If the price is right it'll require the main ecu, IMU, abs module, dash, and Blackbox all from the 2017 monster 1200S. Without the key sensor signal none of the electronics are activated. Sounds straight forward but I think it's quite remarkable how ducati have connected them all.
Chatted with the dealer here and he highlighted they can program the dash and key. As scarce as rocking horse sh!t these components.

Last edited by amoslws; 11-08-2019 at 01:44 AM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page