They made me do it. - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By Rentedshoes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheels

They made me do it.

Not super pumped on intro’s. Just wanna ask some questions and enjoy my bike.
Ed K, Ventura17SS and Paddlefoot64 like this.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentedshoes View Post
Not super pumped on intro’s. Just wanna ask some questions and enjoy my bike.
Sure, what’s up?

Btw, the Search function also works great...there’s a ton of info on this Forum about the bike...

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2015 Ducati Scrambler
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 10:24 PM
Chicken Strips

Garage
Welcome

Mike

1976 BMW R”1000” Cafe
2012 Triumph Thruxton Custom
2018 Ducati SSS (red!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheels

I’m looking to convert my SSS to go shift and want to keep the DQS functioning. I thought I saw a signal inverter for sale online last week but I can not locate it now. My research says you cannot simply reverse the pins in the wire connector.

Or if anyone has a comprehensive list of Ducati parts for this conversion, that would suffice if a signal inverter does not exist.

I’m completely aware that there is no benefit to this mod for street use. However, my track bike is GP shift and I simply like it better. Also, I don’t want to accidentally “money shift” either bike.

Thanks in advance!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 02:01 PM
SuperSport Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentedshoes View Post
I’m looking to convert my SSS to go shift and want to keep the DQS functioning. I thought I saw a signal inverter for sale online last week but I can not locate it now. My research says you cannot simply reverse the pins in the wire connector.

Or if anyone has a comprehensive list of Ducati parts for this conversion, that would suffice if a signal inverter does not exist.

I’m completely aware that there is no benefit to this mod for street use. However, my track bike is GP shift and I simply like it better. Also, I don’t want to accidentally “money shift” either bike.

Thanks in advance!
@Derek knows the internals of the DQS. There was a brief discussion early this year on opening up the DQS and it's wiring. I think @theresanothersteve participated in the discussion... Anyway there's something in here somewhere, I might just have the names wrong.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 03:58 PM
Elbow Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoslws View Post
@Derek knows the internals of the DQS. There was a brief discussion early this year on opening up the DQS and it's wiring. I think @theresanothersteve participated in the discussion... Anyway there's something in here somewhere, I might just have the names wrong.
It wasn't me that posted the circuit @amoslws and annoyingly I can't find it now. There are 3 wires to the DQS unit; +5v, ground and signal out to the ECU. Internally there is a resistor array and 2 microswitches, one for upshifts and the other for downshifts.
If the resistors are the same for both switches then reversing the +5V and gnd wires should reverse the function. I don't know the values of the resistors without measuring though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-16 at 19.52.18.png
Views:	10
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	39044  

2017 Supersport 939
2015 Scrambler Classic
1994 907ie
1982 Pantah 500SL (now sold)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheels

I haven’t verified it myself but I was told the resistors are different. It would stand to reason as there are only 3 wires. Power in, ground, and signal. To me, it looks like one wire goes back to the ecu. This would require a difference in signal for the ecu to determine what to do with the pulse.

So, if there is no signal inverter available aftermarket, and I can’t find any shift levers with the link mount on the top, I guess I’ll just do what I did on my Aprilia and flip over and space an aftermarket lever so the foot pedal action is reversed but the inputs to the switch stays the same.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page