SS v. HD v. Hayabusa Comparo - Page 3 - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 05:33 PM
Training Wheels

in another post where someone suggested another rider buy a scooter/moped instead of an SS, I had to admit I also own a Honda CBR 250. I feel I must now admit another sin. Back in June of this year, I bought my first bike. It was a harley. I kept it 3.5 weeks. Enough said?

Since the technology and performance is so bad, Harley sells their "lifestyle." A small sliver of the population buys this. I learned this when I went ti one of their bike nights. Lots of leather and rhinestones and some older folks. Not my bag and definitely not my wife's. I fear the brand will degrade quickly as the changes being made to target the younger population seem to be a bit too little too late.

-Scott
Rhino likes this.
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 09:16 PM
Training Wheels

What i don't understand is why the Harley bad boys, all decked out like pirates, complete with doo rags, skulls, flames, chain drive wallets, German SS helmet, straight pipes with no hearing pro, big bad biker boots, etc; they chug along 10 mph under the speed limit, on the center line, all splayed out like flying squirrels, Why do they always give me the finger when I pass them like they're chained to a post?

The only thing that I have that says Ducati on it, is my Ducati.
amoslws, DucColin, djcmx49 and 1 others like this.

Ride Fast
Shoot Straight
Speak the Truth
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 01:25 AM
SuperSport Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTScott View Post
in another post where someone suggested another rider buy a scooter/moped instead of an SS, I had to admit I also own a Honda CBR 250. I feel I must now admit another sin. Back in June of this year, I bought my first bike. It was a harley. I kept it 3.5 weeks. Enough said?

Since the technology and performance is so bad, Harley sells their "lifestyle." A small sliver of the population buys this. I learned this when I went ti one of their bike nights. Lots of leather and rhinestones and some older folks. Not my bag and definitely not my wife's. I fear the brand will degrade quickly as the changes being made to target the younger population seem to be a bit too little too late.

-Scott
Well rarely do men marry their first girlfriend, we need to explore. Same can be said about bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 10:48 AM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTScott View Post
-Scott
Youve mentioned a couple times now about your other bikes and have exactly zero reason to believe owning a CBR250 and a Harley at one point are a sin. Who cares? They are motorcycles, they work, youíre riding and thatís all that matters.

I have a Kymco Super 8 150cc scooter that I love and yeah, I ride it and feel absolutely nothing but joy to get on something, run down the street to grab groceries, supplies or a bite to eat but pure joy twisting the throttle and easily going 55mph. Try riding 1 handed with 5 bags of groceries and a mop on your SS, or strapping a bunch of firewood on the back when youíre camping........

I think we spend far too much time worrying about what other think and should instead just ride our rides.

I donít get Harley and probably never will, thatís me and how I like to ride.

But when we bitch about people who ride them and their ďlifestyleĒ wardrobe choices, we may want to take a step back and look at ourselves. How many Ducati t-shirts do you own? What color are your leathers? Do they match your bike? What brand, Dainese is in there, I bet. How about your helmet, does that match? Is there a Ducati model in your desk at work? I know I have a Triumph branded leather jacket, probably 8 different Triumph T-shirtís not to mention Deals Gap shirts, FMF, Honda, Yamaha, Fox Racing stuff and now my first Ducati shirt. Easily half my wardrobe is motorcycle items, kinda like the other guys. I know EVERYONE I work with knows I ride, even if Iíve never spoken to them.

Riding bar to bar is a no no to me, and thatís one of the main reasons Iíll never be into the Harley thing. But look at yourself through someone elseís eyes, we arenít much different than they are. We need to embrace that we are all like minded riders and thatís a positive thing.
PhilB likes this.

Mike

- 2017 Ducati Supersport S
- 2011 Triumph Sprint GT
- 2010 Yamaha WR250R
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 06:22 PM
Chicken Strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor2883 View Post
What i don't understand is why the Harley bad boys, all decked out like pirates, complete with doo rags, skulls, flames, chain drive wallets, German SS helmet, straight pipes with no hearing pro, big bad biker boots, etc; they chug along 10 mph under the speed limit, on the center line, all splayed out like flying squirrels, Why do they always give me the finger when I pass them like they're chained to a post?

The only thing that I have that says Ducati on it, is my Ducati.
LOL! So true.

I rode a friendís well-tuned Hayabusa and liked itósurprised at the comfort and how well it handled for the weight. Of course I was younger then and since have crept into the creaky old man category who enjoys the Supersport more.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 08:07 PM
Knee Dragger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
Lol good take on the Harley rider 😂😂 the Harley rider around here are just the same, they think a Harley jacket facemask and belt buckle = I'm as hard as nails lol 😂
You forgot the leather jacket with the fringes...

She's not an Italian supermodel; they're high maintenance.
She's the cute Italian girl from school you wish you kept in contact with...
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 01:05 PM
Training Wheels

Great read!
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 08:40 PM
Training Wheels

I have a Ducati shirt because the dealer gave it to me when I bought the bike. Though all the new gear I've bought since getting my SS has been white/red, or has white and red...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page