Brad Binder and KTM - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By amoslws
  • 1 Post By amoslws

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
SuperSport Master

Brad Binder and KTM

The rumour mill is churning again. I'm guessing KTM are afraid of losing Brad Binder. Rumour has it they are thinking of offering a motogp ride just to keep him in the KTM squad.
My view is that he must stick around in moto2 for another year and win the moto2 championship next year. Already the moto2 KTM chassis has made some good advances lately with their adjustments. It might be too late to win the championship now but after the summer rest KTM will release their new chassis onto the track. It is such a shame they couldn't get it to work right from the start of the season.
Sadly it might be the end of ZARCO at KTM. A disastrous season so far for him. Well whichever team picks him up will be getting a true champion. Will it be aprilia that attracts Zarco.
It's all going to begin unfolding soon.
Rhino and NothingClever like this.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 09:50 AM
SuperSport Master

Agree it's been a tough season for Johann Zarco. I'd think the addition of Dani Pedrosa as a test rider would have started clearing up problems but it seems not. It must be that the loop from test feedback to engineering adjustment needs more time.

So, lemme get this straight.

I twist this little tube, it gets loud, I go forward really fast and it makes me smile...is that how it all works?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
SuperSport Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingClever View Post
Agree it's been a tough season for Johann Zarco. I'd think the addition of Dani Pedrosa as a test rider would have started clearing up problems but it seems not. It must be that the loop from test feedback to engineering adjustment needs more time.
I was hoping for more too from Pedrosa, I suspect the engineers need to unpick what they've done wrong and then begin uplifting the motogp chassis. Sadly the Pedrosa influence might only be felt or seen next year when Zarco has moved on. The results don't show it but he is a better racer than Pol Espagaro, Zarco just hasn't been able to adjust, plus PE has 2 1/2 seasons on the motogp KTM machine.

This is why I believe they are offering Brad a motogp seat, Brad is a very technically cognitive racer. If they move him up then that leaves a big void in moto2 development. Personally I think he should stay another season in moto2 and help KTM win the championship and build a good baseline for the ktm chassis since its the first year the triumph motor is the standard now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 12:04 PM
Chicken Strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoslws View Post
I was hoping for more too from Pedrosa, I suspect the engineers need to unpick what they've done wrong and then begin uplifting the motogp chassis. Sadly the Pedrosa influence might only be felt or seen next year when Zarco has moved on. The results don't show it but he is a better racer than Pol Espagaro, Zarco just hasn't been able to adjust, plus PE has 2 1/2 seasons on the motogp KTM machine.

This is why I believe they are offering Brad a motogp seat, Brad is a very technically cognitive racer. If they move him up then that leaves a big void in moto2 development. Personally I think he should stay another season in moto2 and help KTM win the championship and build a good baseline for the ktm chassis since its the first year the triumph motor is the standard now.
KTM started from a pretty strange point as they pretty much copied the chassis dimensions from the Honda, the most difficult to ride bike in the paddock until recently. As for Pedrosas contributions, he’s been injured for quite a bit during the spring so I think it’s only now that he’s starting to do actual testing work.

Agree about Zarco being the better rider but his attitude isn’t doing him any favours. Like calling your employer’s machine “****” on live television, not the way to go even if it might be true.

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2003 CCM R30 (project build)

Last edited by Dino de Laurentiis; 07-09-2019 at 12:51 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
SuperSport Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino de Laurentiis View Post
KTM started from a pretty strange point as they pretty much copied the chassis dimensions from the Honda, the most difficult to ride bike in the paddock until recently. As for Pedrosas contributions, he’s been injured for quite a bit during the fall so I think it’s only now that he’s starting to do actual testing work.

Agree about Zarco being the better rider but his attitude isn’t doing him any favours. Like calling your employer’s machine “shit” on live television, not the way to go even if it might be true.
mmmmM I wonder if it's a cultural thing. Having worked in Scandinavian, Saxon, Anglo and Latin European countries, some nations speak in English using elaborate swear words thinking it is normal speech. Like the words Fcuk and sh!t are commonly used English words in those countries.
All racers will criticise the bike if it is not working how they want it. He hasn't behaved like Lorenzo or Crashlow did at ducati though. But yeah, the CEO of KTM has mentioned Zarco is on a thin line.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 03:16 PM
Training Wheels

Garage
KTM had an option on Binder's contract and they extended his contract 3 weeks ago.
Brad would like to continue in Moto2 to aim for the title, Beirer would like to put him in MotoGP in 2020 to replace Syahrin (contract expiring at the end of the season)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
SuperSport Master

Well that's disappointing. Brad Binder has signed to join the KTM satellite team in 2020; TECH 3 KTM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
SuperSport Master

New rumours

Lorenzo retiring and Zarco joining MM93..
JL seems to have now had enough and is considering retirement, He wants to maybe get into property development. Phew poor Zarco being team mates with MM. Oh no!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
SuperSport Master

Brad Binder Interview

Not your usual motogp information. From 15 minutes there are some interestingly technical topics. Essentially the entire video is informative.

Ed K likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page