post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Ducati MotoGP Management...?

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...t-motogp-glory

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2015 Ducati Scrambler
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 11:24 AM
Knee Dragger

Interesting story. All the MotoGP stuff regarding Ducati mismanagement is speculation, especially about Miller and #99.

OTOH, very little about losing Bautista to Honda in WSBk. I am not sure which is the bigger story, Duc losing him Honda gaining him. I guess it means Honda will be back for the first time there since Colin Edwards?
Ed K and Dino de Laurentiis like this.

John L
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 11:25 AM
SuperSport Master

Yeah, interesting team management going on. I’m no Deanna Troi but Jack Miller’s reaction during the press conference was hard to mis-judge.

Perhaps I’m not aggressive enough but I think Ducati is winning enough that they could afford to go without JLo. I’m not sure who reached out to who first but if JLo had approached me, I would have said, “Made your bed, lad....now sleep in it.”

And I agree with Mat Oxley on Ducati’s history with Australian riders.....better to sign Jack with high confidence all around and invest in the habitual relationship than get slippery thinking JLo’s suddenly going to resume a steady stream of podium finishes.

So, lemme get this straight.

I twist this little tube, it gets loud, I go forward really fast and it makes me smile...is that how it all works?

Last edited by NothingClever; 08-13-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 11:31 AM
SuperSport Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRyter View Post
Interesting story. All the MotoGP stuff regarding Ducati mismanagement is speculation, especially about Miller and #99.
While the article had speculative elements to it, I donít think the exploratory discussion between JLo and Ducati nor Jackís reaction to it were speculative at all.

I twist this little tube, it gets loud, I go forward really fast and it makes me smile...is that how it all works?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 11:37 AM
Knee Dragger

Everything was MotoGP talk-talk drama.

Mr Bautista- he gone.
Dino de Laurentiis likes this.

John L
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 12:57 PM
Chicken Strips

Agree with LowRyter. Apart from the part about Millerís reaction itís all unsubstantiated opinions and speculation. Like that piece that ďGigi believes that Lorenzo is only one fast enough to win on the Ducati.Ē Huge eye roll on that one, in light of Dovisís record for the past three years. As for Miller and his contract, well, he does not yet have one and has honestly not done that amazing. Sure heís fast at times but also incredibly inconsistent and has four DNFs already this season. Kind of like itís been since he joined Ducati. If I were in the Ducati team management and had the chance to replace him with Jorge, I definitely would investigate that option.

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2003 CCM R30 (project build)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 01:31 PM
Training Wheels

Garage
It's not speculation, Dall'Igna said on TV that he had contacted Lorenzo (and not vice versa). And he looked for Jorge before the signing of Petrucci but the Honda rider broke his vertebrae in Assen so he confirmed Danilo. Now Gigi is sure of Lorenzo's return and has contacted him again to put him in Pramac in 2020.
The real problem is that last year Dovi pushed Domenicali not to renew with Lorenzo and recently criticized the development of Dall'Igna. Gigi, instead, never liked Lorenzo's release and has always supported that he is the best rider to beat Marquez.
Ed K and NothingClever like this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 06:39 AM
SuperSport Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino de Laurentiis View Post
As for Miller and his contract, well, he does not yet have one and has honestly not done that amazing. Sure heís fast at times but also incredibly inconsistent and has four DNFs already this season. Kind of like itís been since he joined Ducati. If I were in the Ducati team management and had the chance to replace him with Jorge, I definitely would investigate that option.
Dorna just announced about 20 minutes ago that Miller signed on for another year and will ride a GP20 bike.

Regarding DNFs, I havenít done the math but I think Millerís DNFs are outnumbered by Jorgeís DNSs and DNFs.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 08:37 AM
Chicken Strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany65 View Post
It's not speculation, Dall'Igna said on TV that he had contacted Lorenzo (and not vice versa). And he looked for Jorge before the signing of Petrucci but the Honda rider broke his vertebrae in Assen so he confirmed Danilo. Now Gigi is sure of Lorenzo's return and has contacted him again to put him in Pramac in 2020.
The real problem is that last year Dovi pushed Domenicali not to renew with Lorenzo and recently criticized the development of Dall'Igna. Gigi, instead, never liked Lorenzo's release and has always supported that he is the best rider to beat Marquez.
Well, obviously the contract situation is not speculation as itís already public info, like you say, but the whole ďDucati management hates their ridersĒ thing sure sounds like it is to me. Also not news that Dovi isnít a huge fan of Lorenzo but havenít heard anything before about him actively pushing to get rid of Jorge. Got any source for that?

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2003 CCM R30 (project build)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page