The MotoGP Thread - Page 43 - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 266Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #421 of 444 (permalink) Old 02-03-2020, 01:21 PM
SuperSport Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Bongwater Johnson View Post
I think KTM is progressing nicely, and their dropping of Moto2 support really speaks to the determination they have at making a competitive bike for the premier class. I don't really hold out hope to see Binder push KTM into contention though because they already have Pol Espargaro. I think Pol is super underrated, and what he's done on that bike is supremely impressive. I don't think we can take too much from the Zarco experiment, but the thought that he'd go in to KTM and be the number 1 rider was maybe a bit naive. I wish Stoner was still working with Ducati, because we could dream even harder about seeing a wildcard with Pedrosa, Stoner and Lorenzo. How amazing would that be???
Point taken WRT Binder. Time will tell. He always starts off slow whenever he has moved up a level. I think the last half of the season he will frequently be in the top 8. Remember Pol has had 3 years on the ktm, Binder has had 3 days. Time will tell.
He learned from his first Moto3 test where he crashed and missed the beginning of the season. He doesn't want to relive that experience again where he misses the opening round.

On the other hand, he isn't holding back either. In the last tests he was 2 seconds of the lap pace of MV12, today's testing he is 1 second off Pedrosa.

Last edited by amoslws; 02-03-2020 at 01:26 PM.
post #422 of 444 (permalink) Old 02-04-2020, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
SuperSport Master

Good gravy....the winglets on the KTM and Aprilia are enormous.
amoslws likes this.

So, lemme get this straight.

I twist this little tube, it gets loud, I go forward really fast and it makes me smile...is that how it all works?
post #423 of 444 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 10:36 AM
Training Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoslws View Post
Point taken WRT Binder. Time will tell. He always starts off slow whenever he has moved up a level. I think the last half of the season he will frequently be in the top 8. Remember Pol has had 3 years on the ktm, Binder has had 3 days. Time will tell.
He learned from his first Moto3 test where he crashed and missed the beginning of the season. He doesn't want to relive that experience again where he misses the opening round.

On the other hand, he isn't holding back either. In the last tests he was 2 seconds of the lap pace of MV12, today's testing he is 1 second off Pedrosa.
I certainly hope for the best for Binder. As an American, it's disappointing to see no American MotoGP riders, and I doubt Joe Roberts is likely to ever find himself in the premier class. I'm not a nationalistic kind of guy, but it's certainly fun to have a "local rider" to follow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #424 of 444 (permalink) Old 02-05-2020, 05:14 PM
SuperSport Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Bongwater Johnson View Post
I certainly hope for the best for Binder. As an American, it's disappointing to see no American MotoGP riders, and I doubt Joe Roberts is likely to ever find himself in the premier class. I'm not a nationalistic kind of guy, but it's certainly fun to have a "local rider" to follow.
I think it is important to have a representative, especially when the season comes around to your local track. Sadly it will never return to my country, no money is going into developing a class A track. We have some class B tracks which are suitable for F2 /3 and WSBK. Unless the FIM are changing them rules and classifications again to suit their pockets.
Lately the corruption of the FIM is coming to light.
post #425 of 444 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 02:04 AM Thread Starter
SuperSport Master

FQ20 lookin’ good at Sepang.

I think he’s going to put a little more pressure on MM93 this season than MM93 might have anticipated.
Rhino likes this.

I twist this little tube, it gets loud, I go forward really fast and it makes me smile...is that how it all works?
post #426 of 444 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 12:25 PM
Training Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoslws View Post

Olá a todos

Segunda a KTM não nos podemos esquecer do grande contributo que o Miguel Oliveira tem dado no desenvolvimento da RC16, pena aquela lesão provocada pelo Zarco a meio da temporada passada, senão o MO daria bem melhores resultados
post #427 of 444 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 01:19 PM
SuperSport Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluis46 View Post
Olá a todos

Segunda a KTM não nos podemos esquecer do grande contributo que o Miguel Oliveira tem dado no desenvolvimento da RC16, pena aquela lesão provocada pelo Zarco a meio da temporada passada, senão o MO daria bem melhores resultados
Oliveira contribuiu com muitos anos de sucesso para a ktm.
fluis46 likes this.
post #428 of 444 (permalink) Old 02-11-2020, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
SuperSport Master

Anybody listen to the DORNA interview with Petrucci?

It’s clear to me the poor lad needs a sports psychology coach.

post #429 of 444 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 06:42 PM
Elbow Dragger

Rossi, who himself is yet to commit to racing beyond 2020, said at Sepang: "I ran into Dani on the track and I thought he was going really fast, he set the third-fastest time.

"So why not a comeback for both Lorenzo and Pedrosa? It's good to see them, because they seem to have regained their passion for riding.

"Lorenzo has had some difficult years, but as soon as he got on the Yamaha he seemed rejuvenated. Pedrosa may not like the pressure and the commitments of the championship, but he likes to ride.

"They are both younger than me, so they might even come back."

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...eturn/4682851/

John L

Ducs quack at midnight and 9am
post #430 of 444 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
SuperSport Master

Nice DORNA interview with Brad Binder.

I know there are some doubts amongst us about KTM but I perceive they’re going to pressurize the competition this year. I think BB is going to make some people work harder for their top 10 positions.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page