Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

Fast Clock

3K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  LowRyter 
#1 ·
Anyone else notice the clock on the SS runs a bit fast? I didn't notice it until I started using a battery tender constantly. I'm guessing the clock crystal is not super awesome so the constant higher voltage from the tender is causing this but am not sure.

#2 ·
Mine hasn’t done that but I also don’t use a tender much, I only attach it occasionally during the off season. I set the clock five minutes fast (because I’m always late) at the start of the season in March, and it has stayed like that since.

I think someone in the Facebook group mentioned something similar to what you’ve seen though.

#6 ·
Mine is a bit out, a minute or 2 fast I think but not enough to bother me. The clock on my Multi used to go fast and it was a pig to reset with a horribly unintuitive dash menu. At least the SS is easier to reset.

#9 ·
Mine runs a bit slow too. Roughly 5 minutes in a year.

I also had a problem where my clock wouldn't work while the key was out. For example if I set the correct time, ride a while and then turn off the bike at say 10.05 am, it would still show 10.05 am when I returned to it in several hours. I took it to the official Ducati dealer and they said they've never seen anything like that. They emailed Ducati factory who sent a replacement unit under warranty. The replacement unit runs about 5 minutes a year slow...

Reactions: Rhino
#14 ·
good point. Mine lost 5 minutes from DST date until the date of this thread. I keep mine on a 7 amp charger if that matters.

But wait! I see my phone (Verizon) is two minutes fast compared to the cable TV and internet (Cox).

So perhaps my bike was only 3 minutes slow?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.