Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

890 Duke

776 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Mr. Bill 
#1 · (Edited)
I see that KTM is releasing another parallel twin. 890 with 119HP and weighs less than the 790.

Unfortunately it still looks like a KTM but perhaps the best looking they've done so far. Too bad they can't make a pretty bike like the SS. I haven't a clue if KTM has made their bikes more reliable and easier to maintain but they certainly have come out with a lot hooligan machines. I am guessing the Husky 901 listed on another thread here has a version of this engine? I saw that they are also making a sport touring version. I suppose the styling appeals to some and not others which is cool.

See less See more
#2 ·
It's pretty in the way KTMs are pretty. Definitely not Italian pretty.

I can't wait to ride one of these. The 790 Duke was a steal in terms of performance for dollar for mid-weight sport bikes. This will definitely be more expensive with the WP suspension, better tires, and other component upgrades, but it'll probably feel awesome.

It doesn't nicely fit in any common race classes though.

#3 ·
I saw brand new 390 Dukes on sale last winter when I was shopping for a new bike. They were going for about $4k brand new which is steal for such a cool little bike. They even come with the TFT screens and big brother styling. I would have bought one of those but for the fact that the KTM color schemes have the same effect on me as nails scratching on a chalk board.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.