Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

Akroprovic race exhaust problems

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  amoslws 
#1 ·
Don't know if anyone else has this problem. But the exhaust spring has badly marked the ohlins reservoir. It must of been touching it for a while because it has marked the rubber. But the rubber must of moved and now its touching.any idea's.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I need to correct my statement regarding my rear ohlins. I have the same grinding lines on mine from the spring. I had a proper look today.
My suspension is set for touring because of the road conditions, I'm going to have to stiffen it up a bit. Sadly the damage is done.

#4 ·
Interesting. I don't have the same issue, though looking at mine I can see how it could happen. I wonder if there's an amount of calculus that includes rider weight and pre-load setting.

I still have the stock rear spring, and my pre-load is set somewhere around 2.25cm of threads showing on the shock (It looks to be about 1/3 of total preload adjustment used, 2/3 remain inside the spring). When I casually checked my rear pre-load there seemed like there was 0 sag under bike weight.

#6 ·
I agree with you.
I had my sag preload set for me and the roads and that was somewhere in touring range. Unfortunately I did hit a bump that I felt in my upper rib area as the impact went through my stomach, like being winded but I wasn't winded. That's what caused my grinding from the exhaust spring. I'll be adjusting both front and rear to suit.

#5 ·
If you do enough miles, or plan on keeping the bike, might be worth waiting until you'd need the rear shock rebuilt, or before your warranty ends, and bring it up as a warranty claim. That is definitely not "wear and tear" and something like that shouldn't "happen by design." I think you wouldn't have much trouble getting it replaced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.