TCX Rush (Shortie) Boots - Page 3 - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-24-2019, 03:56 AM
Knee Dragger

The TCX short boots are way more comfortable than the Dainese version. I think part of the reason is maybe a softer sole, which may wear out faster. Still, I expect these to last at least a couple years which is good enough for me. At least I don't mind walking with them, unlike the Dainese which I had to remove as soon as I got to work or home.
Ed K likes this.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 09:19 PM
Knee Dragger

Had a bit of time to kill this afternoon so I stopped off at a local supply store to try on the yellow/black 10s so I could put the red/black ones on order if they fit. Loved them, they fit great, were immediately comfortable, felt protective in the right places and actually the yellow ones looked pretty decent so I talked them down a bit and picked them up today locally.

Hopefully they will still be all they seem to be as time goes on but for now, I am very impressed. Looking forward to actually using them!!!!

Thanks for the heads up, @Ed K
Ed K likes this.

Mike

- 2017 Ducati Supersport S
- 2011 Triumph Sprint GT
- 2010 Yamaha WR250R
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-01-2020, 06:55 AM
Training Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miweber929 View Post
Had a bit of time to kill this afternoon so I stopped off at a local supply store to try on the yellow/black 10s so I could put the red/black ones on order if they fit. Loved them, they fit great, were immediately comfortable, felt protective in the right places and actually the yellow ones looked pretty decent so I talked them down a bit and picked them up today locally.

Hopefully they will still be all they seem to be as time goes on but for now, I am very impressed. Looking forward to actually using them!!!!

Thanks for the heads up, @Ed K

I've had my pair for about a year and a half. They are great boots I've even ridden in some 20s temps with them and my feet stayed warm.
Ed K and Miweber929 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-01-2020, 12:10 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
How true to size are these?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed K View Post
Pretty true to size, maybe a tad small, but they donít come in wide sizes. So if you need wide, go 1/2. I think Revzilla will allow returns, if unused.
Just to follow up on this: I found them to be very true to size, even a tad big. Weird, right? Iím normally a true 10.5 and my feet tend to be just slightly wide (Reebok shoes especially are a bit tight unless I buy wide) so going to a 10 usually has me squeezing in until they (hopefully) break in and 11 usually has me swimming and getting worse as I wear them more. These immediately felt right and my feet landed perfectly with just enough snug with the light socks I was wearing to know these will work as they get used and I wear regular long motorcycling socks.

I wonder if they are just that inconsistent? Like I said earlier, reviews, and I read like 50 different ones, had them a 1/3 split between tight, loose and true to size so I was apprehensive, especially with Ed stating his were slightly small. Iíd suggest trying them on before buying but mine fit great, to the point I threatened the wife I was going to wear them to dinner last night!!!!

Mike

- 2017 Ducati Supersport S
- 2011 Triumph Sprint GT
- 2010 Yamaha WR250R
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Just to follow up on this: I found them to be very true to size, even a tad big. Weird, right? Iím normally a true 10.5 and my feet tend to be just slightly wide (Reebok shoes especially are a bit tight unless I buy wide) so going to a 10 usually has me squeezing in until they (hopefully) break in and 11 usually has me swimming and getting worse as I wear them more. These immediately felt right and my feet landed perfectly with just enough snug with the light socks I was wearing to know these will work as they get used and I wear regular long motorcycling socks.

I wonder if they are just that inconsistent? Like I said earlier, reviews, and I read like 50 different ones, had them a 1/3 split between tight, loose and true to size so I was apprehensive, especially with Ed stating his were slightly small. Iíd suggest trying them on before buying but mine fit great, to the point I threatened the wife I was going to wear them to dinner last night!!!!
Haha, yeah, they are flexible enough for regular walking and still provide decent protection for a shortie boot.

And yes, widths of our feet prolly affects what we each think whether its true to size or not, since they don't come in widths.
Miweber929 likes this.

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2015 Ducati Scrambler
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-10-2020, 03:31 PM
Training Wheels

My lovely lady bought me the same ones for Christmas, I've never had proper riding boots I always wore my Dr Martens which are comfy but no real protection with those. I put few hundred miles on them so far and they are very comfortable and I feel more confident in my protection level now and "to boot" they are stylish and go with my cheesy color scheme. I would recommend them for sure.
Ed K and Miweber929 like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page