TCX Rush (Shortie) Boots - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

TCX Rush (Shortie) Boots

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-rush-wp-boots

I’ve been living with these shortie boots for about a year now, and really like them.

They are very light weight, and comfortable and provide good protection in ankle, heel and toe. Are easy to walk in, and are not bad looking.

They are a shortie boot so do not provide shin protection. TCX indicates “WP” (waterproof), but they are not...at least not be my definition.

I don’t use these for touring (full boot for that), but a sport ride, or even an overnighter or two, they’re great for that.

One of favorite things I like about them is old school laces (in addition to a Velcro strap). To me, nothing fits better than individual lace loops.

As I recall, these boots are rebranded (and repriced by Ducati), if there’s interest in being a little fancier and flying the Ducati flag.
Rhino, Miweber929 and Paddlefoot64 like this.

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2015 Ducati Scrambler
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 09:32 AM
Elbow Dragger

The local Ducati shop was closing out some gear at half price last weekend, IRC they had the same riding shoes for $125 in 9.5. I got frustrated trying to get them on with those twist adjusters. Instead I got some Sidi Gore Tex boots for $175. I still might like to try to shorties, since walking around in riding boots can be very uncomfortable.
Ed K likes this.

John L

Ducs quack at midnight and 9am
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 10:05 AM
Chicken Strips

I've been wearing Sidi ST boots for more than 10 years. They still have the original soles and clean up like new. Other designs have come and gone, but ST's soldier on unchanged. Suggests they got the design right from the start. The only thing I don't recommend them for is walking, but that's true of any protective boot.
Ed K likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 10:32 AM
Chicken Strips

Garage
I have a pair of Dianese Street Rockers (believe that’s the model). Use occasionally for short rides. I do like the shin protection of my regular Dianese boots, so probably why I don’t wear the shorties much.
Ed K likes this.

Mike

1976 BMW R”1000” Cafe
2012 Triumph Thruxton Custom
2018 Ducati SSS (red!)
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 12:03 PM
SuperSport Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed K View Post

They are very light weight, and comfortable and provide good protection in ankle, heel and toe. Are easy to walk in, and are not bad looking.
Good stuff. I like ‘em.
Ed K likes this.

So, lemme get this straight.

I twist this little tube, it gets loud, I go forward really fast and it makes me smile...is that how it all works?
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRyter View Post
...with those twist adjusters.
What are those?

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2015 Ducati Scrambler
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 01:10 AM
Elbow Dragger

Quote:
What are those?
The half boot I tried on had round twist adjusters to cinch up the shoes. Looking at the link, I think it was another brand but the photo was almost identical.
Ed K likes this.

John L

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 01:12 AM
Elbow Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Gill View Post
I've been wearing Sidi ST boots for more than 10 years. They still have the original soles and clean up like new. Other designs have come and gone, but ST's soldier on unchanged. Suggests they got the design right from the start. The only thing I don't recommend them for is walking, but that's true of any protective boot.
good to know. I have two pairs of riding boots that have both been re-soled. So I hope to get plenty of life out of them, they do seem to breathe better than the others.

John L

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 03:17 AM
Chicken Strips

TCX is good stuff, in my limited experience. I have their Hero boots for when I want to take the bike but still look like a civilian. Very good quality, super happy with them. Also supposedly water proof with a gore tex membrane but I haven’t put them to the test.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A5A44CEE-31D7-4442-9069-04988A9AEAD9.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	38182  
Ed K likes this.

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2003 CCM R30 (project build)
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 06:41 AM
SuperSport Master

Quote:

I’ve been living with these shortie boots for about a year now, and really like them.

They are a shortie boot so do not provide shin protection. TCX indicates “WP” (waterproof), but they are not...at least not be my definition.

I don’t use these for touring (full boot for that), but a sport ride, or even an overnighter or two, they’re great for that.

One of favorite things I like about them is old school laces (in addition to a Velcro strap). To me, nothing fits better than individual lace loops.

As I recall, these boots are rebranded (and repriced by Ducati), if there’s interest in being a little fancier and flying the Ducati flag.
Wow I really like those I might see if I can find them in my region. I am a try on first guy but they look the ticket. I need to replace mine as they look like a dog has been chewing away at them. For the life of me I couldn’t work out what happened to them they were in perfect condition (I look after my stuff) and then they were all beat up ..??? Well a few months ago I worked out what had happened I returned with a bunch of guys to a bush pub we pull up to and stay the night on our 2 day rides sat in the same bar stool lined up the train of jimbeams served by Jane the same barmaid and before long l am happily swinging away laughing and joking on 2 of the four legs on the bar stool and noticed that the only reason I wasn’t going arseovertit backwards was I had my boots hooked under the lid of the corrugated iron bar chewing them to shreds. Must get back there soon ( reminder to self wear old boots take loads of money )
Ed K and NothingClever like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page