Ozark Euro Raid (30 May - 2 Jun) - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Ozark Euro Raid (30 May - 2 Jun)

https://www.ozarkratraid.com/

This get together is in Harrison Ark. In the middle of some of the best twisty roads anywhere in the US. Not a lot of traffic and smooth roads.

I don't recommend that anyone ride with the Triumph gaggle but I do my own ride.

I plan to be there.
Ed K likes this.

John L
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

@LowRyter Wow, well organized ride...including maps and pics of the roads!

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2015 Ducati Scrambler
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Yes, but I have my "secret" road list. But the "Moonshine Run" covers plenty of good ones.

Those interested in a scenic deal might want to take Peel's Ferry across the lake to Mizziery.

Are you headed there Ed?

we got these bikes, we might as well ride'm
Ed K likes this.

John L

Last edited by LowRyter; 02-16-2019 at 06:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRyter View Post
Yes, but I have my "secret" road list. But the "Moonshine Run" covers plenty of good ones.

Those interested in a scenic deal might want to take Peel's Ferry across the lake to Mizziery.

Are you headed there Ed?
Not sure timing will work out, but sounds great. It one of the regions in the US I've wanted to ride, but haven't had the pleasure yet.

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2015 Ducati Scrambler
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
https://www.ozarkratraid.com/

This get together is in Harrison Ark. In the middle of some of the best twisty roads anywhere in the US. Not a lot of traffic and smooth roads.

I don't recommend that anyone ride with the Triumph gaggle but I do my own ride.

I plan to be there.
Living just north of ATL, I ride N GA, NC, TN mountains. Understand how good it can be. Ozarks is a trip we are planning this summer. Friends from FL, GA, and CO. Still in the planning phase, but late May might work. I need to research the average weather conditions around that time, want to give us the best shot at no rain. Looking forward to it.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemswan View Post
Living just north of ATL, I ride N GA, NC, TN mountains. Understand how good it can be. Ozarks is a trip we are planning this summer. Friends from FL, GA, and CO. Still in the planning phase, but late May might work. I need to research the average weather conditions around that time, want to give us the best shot at no rain. Looking forward to it.
Actually this rally was originally in April/May (RAT Raid) and it always rained. They moved it to May/Jun to avoid the rain. Any later and you're looking at likely heat and humidity.

The eastern roads (Dragon, Franklin, and Telico Pl area) are great roads too. I think you might like this since the traffic is not as bad, even on weekends, although it's always better in the week. I plan to be there, I might be on a Guzzi.

Would be cool to see you all. Ride your own ride, don't let this geezer slow you down.
brucemswan likes this.

John L

Last edited by LowRyter; 02-16-2019 at 07:50 PM.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

I am booked for the Rally. Hope to see some of you there. If you haven't ridden the Ozarks around Harrison Ark, you'll find some of the best roads anywhere so far as twists, turns, hills, scenery and low density traffic.

John L
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 08:23 PM

meh.....any group ride that allows CanAm Spyders......umm....
NothingClever likes this.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-10-2019, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboard Duke View Post
meh.....any group ride that allows CanAm Spyders......umm....
So you've ridden in the Ozarks?

This ain't no group ride. In fact, I am not aware there are any group rides, just some folks that want to ride together riding their own rides. The area is big enough that the only place you need to see anyone else is in the hotel. OTOH, I would not say I am any faster than anyone else but you can speak for yourself.

Dude, if you don't wanna be there, that's fine but don't say something that ain't right about it.

John L

Last edited by LowRyter; 05-10-2019 at 11:35 PM.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
So you've ridden in the Ozarks?

This ain't no group ride. In fact, I am not aware there are any group rides, just some folks that want to ride together riding their own rides. The area is big enough that the only place you need to see anyone else is in the hotel. OTOH, I would not say I am any faster than anyone else but you can speak for yourself.

Dude, if you don't wanna be there, that's fine but don't say something that ain't right about it.
hey hey....come on now... no need to be defensive. Just making fun of the Spyder i saw in the pic when i looked at the link. They are always worth making fun of. If your motorcycle has a reverse gear...it's not a motorcycle

I'm sure your ride will be awesome.....but when you pass other vehicles....just remember....if they don't lean to turn then they don't get the motorcycle wave
NothingClever and Oldrider like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page