Metallic Noise Engine. - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
uVe
Training Wheels
 
uVe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 14
Likes Received: 10
Metallic Noise Engine.

Good I am a new owner of an SS with 2000kms and I wanted to tell you a noise that makes me almost from the first day. It is like a metallic patter. Let's see if someone can tell you where it can come from or has happened to someone else. I leave audio video of it. Thank you.

Sound:
https://we.tl/t-xos1MZelNN

Video:
https://we.tl/t-kkDlEP2lm8

FFF
uVe is offline  
post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 08:17 PM
Training Wheels
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 48
Likes Received: 30
Mine makes the same noise🏻🏻. All works fine and smooth as silk but that noise ... 🤬

Quote:
Originally Posted by uVe View Post
Good I am a new owner of an SS with 2000kms and I wanted to tell you a noise that makes me almost from the first day. It is like a metallic patter. Let's see if someone can tell you where it can come from or has happened to someone else. I leave audio video of it. Thank you.

Sound:
https://we.tl/t-xos1MZelNN

Video:
https://we.tl/t-kkDlEP2lm8
edufox is online now  
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 08:56 PM
Knee Dragger
 
JaggerCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 719
Likes Received: 598
Thatís called character. 😉
JaggerCat is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 11:19 PM
Chicken Strips
 
skywurz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA - USA
Posts: 419
Likes Received: 368
Just the dry clutch simulator :P

Skywurz

2017 Supersport
2008 1098
skywurz is online now  
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 02:43 AM
SuperSport Master
 
amoslws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Somewhere South
Posts: 4,172
Likes Received: 3280
I can not hear any abnormal metal grinding. I only hear the normal noises from the testastretta. When metal grinds abnormally it's a horrible scary noise.
The video has a lovely sound to it. I can not hear something in the sound clip but I do hear a whizzing woo woo in the video. That might be the tensioners bushing.
amoslws is online now  
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 03:09 AM
Chicken Strips
 
Dino de Laurentiis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 473
Likes Received: 430
I have that same metallic noise occasionally, at approximately 8500 km.

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2003 CCM R30 (project build)
Dino de Laurentiis is online now  
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 02:48 PM
Training Wheels
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 48
Likes Received: 30
You see dude... Its seems to be just our ugly engine standar noise. At least Im pleased you guys got the same music.
edufox is online now  
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 11:13 AM
Training Wheels
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 21
Likes Received: 21
Garage
During my 600 miles service I mentioned to have them check out metal chattering noise. I was told mine was a bit louder than normal but it should be fine and if it get worst to bring it back in. It never gotten worse so I left it alone but it does have that metal to metal noise when I cold start it for the first minute or so.
KamenRider_D is offline  
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 11:29 AM
Training Wheels
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 48
Likes Received: 30
I think it comes from the clutch side, dont u think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamenRider_D View Post
During my 600 miles service I mentioned to have them check out metal chattering noise. I was told mine was a bit louder than normal but it should be fine and if it get worst to bring it back in. It never gotten worse so I left it alone but it does have that metal to metal noise when I cold start it for the first minute or so.
edufox is online now  
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
uVe
Training Wheels
 
uVe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 14
Likes Received: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by edufox View Post
I think it comes from the clutch side, dont u think?

No noise comes from the clutch, I have uncovered an oil filler cap and nothing is heard inside. It comes rather from the belt tensioner of the vertical cylinder or so I think, from that area.



The bike is otherwise fantastic, but that noise with 2000kms, hot even increases the noise with the temperature.

FFF
uVe is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome