Fuel Efficiency/Mileage - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 106Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 129 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Elbow Dragger

Garage
Fuel Efficiency/Mileage

Ones who have received deliveries, have had it for a few days. Can you guys post what gas mileage you are getting?

im riding mostly city so far and only 2 days, im getting low to mid 30s
post #2 of 129 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 03:55 AM
Training Wheels

Have been mostly running in the engine so sub 6k revs until yesterday. Ave consumption for the first 800 odd miles is 41 - I was pleasantly surprised as I certainly wasn't sparing the gas up to the run in level and now not at all. Most of my mileage is out of town.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Current - 939 S
Previous - Diavel Dark, 848 Evo Corse
Last year - HP4 Carbon, ZZR 1400
post #3 of 129 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 08:15 AM
Training Wheels

Come and join the rest of the world and enjoy the metric system
wheelinthai likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 129 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 08:27 AM
SuperSport Master

Who gives a ****? It's a motorbike.

If your concerned about fuel efficiency perhaps a CG125 would be a better choice?
MeatBaller69 and typhoon47 like this.
post #5 of 129 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 08:34 AM
Chicken Strips

What Steeve says!
If you have to put fuel in the car then it is perfectly fair to measure, and watch, the amount/cost. If you have to put fuel in the bike then you are just buying pleasure and the more you put in the more pleasure you will get out of it.
MeatBaller69 and hypermattard like this.
post #6 of 129 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 09:04 AM
SuperSport Master

Guys, can you mention the unit. Is is miles per liter, miles per gallon, km per liter.
Guys for those of you that live in small places then fuel economy is not important. When I ride to the mountains in SA I have to preserve fuel because the next filling station is 235km (halfway mark). I free wheel the down hills because it gets really close to being empty on a 17 liter tank. The SS is a 16 liter tank and that makes me very interested in fuel economy. Not sure a jerrycan will look good strapped to the back of the SS.
PhilB, MeatBaller69, Rhino and 2 others like this.
post #7 of 129 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 09:12 AM
Training Wheels

Fuel consumption = range. If your riding from coffe shop to cofee shop it's not that important. My regular ride is approximately a 280km loop. My current ride does this without a fuel stop, will the supersport? Keep the info coming, preferably metric!
post #8 of 129 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 12:05 PM
Training Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredinfrance View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeve View Post
Who gives a ****? It's a motorbike.
If your concerned about fuel efficiency perhaps a CG125 would be a better choice?
What Steeve says!
If you have to put fuel in the car then it is perfectly fair to measure, and watch, the amount/cost. If you have to put fuel in the bike then you are just buying pleasure and the more you put in the more pleasure you will get out of it.
Few people are concerned abut fuel efficiency on a bike for the cost of fuel. Many of us are concerned about the *range* of a bike -- how far can I go before I need to fill it up? How MUCH pleasure can I put in it at a time?

Also, some of us use our bikes for actual transportation. The fact that my M900 has a 200-mile range on a tank is a big plus. I can go to work for two days, and run a few errands on a tank of gas. A significant part of the reason I did not buy a MV Brutale is that it gets 25mpg, and thus I'd have to stop for gas *every day*.

It's not the cost of the gas; it's the logistics.

PhilB

1993 Ducati M900 Monster, bought new. 265,000 miles -- Killed by minivan 30Oct17
post #9 of 129 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 02:10 PM
Training Wheels

Just got back from a 2 hour 20 minute ride and the onboard electronics give 60.7 miles per gallon (that's UK or Imperial gallons). Since 16 litres in the tank equals 3.5 gallons near enough that's about 210 miles to dry tank. My ride was mostly at 40 to 65 mph on country roads with a few traffic stops in small towns, and a couple of bursts to higher speeds, so quite easy on the engine. On the other hand it has only done 300 miles or so and I would expect the consumption to improve as the miles build up. With a 17 litre tank on my GT1000 I aimed to refuel at about 170-180 miles and since the SS engine is surely more efficient than the old aircooled DS unit on the GT1000 I am expecting at least 150 - 160 miles before refuelling the SS. I don't ride hard but work on the philosophy that to make good progress, as the policeman described it, it is as important not to slow down as it is to ride at high speeds!
klev and amoslws like this.

76 years young and still riding and learning
post #10 of 129 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 02:27 PM
SuperSport Master

Seems the average numbers in the urban, towns and city are 35mpg or 14km/L.
Rural are 46mpg or 19km/L. These are web researched numbers.
Blakduk likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page