Up map by Termignoni - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheels

Up map by Termignoni

Did anybody see this? I tried the search tool but nothing came up...

https://www.up-map.it/en/

It seems a very interesting device for upload maps from a smartphone, the official site says it can be used for all types of exhausts even if it has been developed for the Termi.

Here you can see an italian guy changing his SS from underpowered to full in just seconds, I think the video is quite self explaining

post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 03:56 PM
Training Wheels

Great vid - or long commercial? :-)

First documentation of the effect of D181 Termignoni with UP-map. From 97 BHP with standard map to 105 BHP mapped and baffle out. A bit more than what I would have anticipated.

There are a few threads on here about the Termignoni exhaust that also have reference to the UPmap T800. The maps for the SS was just released recently and haven't seen anyone here report on the effect.

The effect looks a bit exaggerated in the vid though - like the SS is pulling power wheelies all the time after the re-map.

post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 04:31 PM
SuperSport Master

Sheesh....recommend skipping to 2:30 unless you like selfie-videos of random bits of routine life.

At 4:40 things start getting interesting....seems like a LOT of unnatural popping and then it seems like itís running lean on air at constant throttle.

6:30 for dyno run after the up-map

8:05 without the DB killers

10:10 for controlling the mapping with his smartphone through a Bluetooth connection

11:15 for general hooning about and periodic squealing
amoslws and Jippo like this.

So, lemme get this straight.

I twist this little tube, it gets loud, I go forward really fast and it makes me smile...is that how it all works?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 04:38 PM
SuperSport Master

So, I thought Termignoni was taking their sweet time for a reason. I also remember saying that if they made a delayed splash by providing something novel that they could pick up the missed sales from the sluggish roll out. Since the SS is still pretty new, I think Termignoni will definitely make some sales here given the exhaust is under $1000 and the upmap is under $400.

So, lemme get this straight.

I twist this little tube, it gets loud, I go forward really fast and it makes me smile...is that how it all works?
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 05:39 PM
Chicken Strips

$400 for the upmap? I'm probably going to be happier that I spent money on the Rapidbike EVO...

Only time will tell.
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you @Mario for posting the vid.

Thatís a large increase in power with the upmap!

The vid said subtitles were in English, but only Italian subtitles was visible on my device, so I wasnít clear on one thing since my Italian is not so good...

Perhaps you could confirm: was the lowest power dyno run shown in the vid a stock SS exhaust without any Termi? Or was it an SS with Termi but without upmap?

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2015 Ducati Scrambler
post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 04:04 AM
Training Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed K View Post
Thank you @Mario for posting the vid.

Thatís a large increase in power with the upmap!

The vid said subtitles were in English, but only Italian subtitles was visible on my device, so I wasnít clear on one thing since my Italian is not so good...

Perhaps you could confirm: was the lowest power dyno run shown in the vid a stock SS exhaust without any Termi? Or was it an SS with Termi but without upmap?
The first run is the power reduced bike (42 BHP) (no dyno curve for that run). A dyno curve for a standard bike (OEM exhaust) is shown where 97 BHP was measured. Then follows a test with the Termi and baffle in and standard OEM map yielding 103 BHP. Last run without baffle and map yields the 105 BHP. I am also surprised by the increase. Would have expected 4-5% for the system. Would be good to know to which part the last two horses comes from just removing the baffle.

post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 04:19 AM
Elbow Dragger

You can read the figures for the various maps offered from BR-Special Tuning's website here. What I find weird is that the final map shows the Supersport with the OEM exhaust, Lambdas a EXHV disabled producing exactly the same figures as the D181 without the baffle, also with the lambdas and EXHV disabled
Capone likes this.

2017 Supersport 939
2015 Scrambler Classic
1994 907ie
1982 Pantah 500SL (now sold)
post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 06:43 AM
SuperSport Master

I still believe that with the correct installation, the correct tuning, the Rapid bike knocks the pants of all the maps and results.
I'm still waiting for a Rexxer dyno run results to be posted. I'm not interested in the promotion rexxer has posted, I'd like to see a customers bike on the dyno after flashing over the rexxer trim map. Until that time, the rapid bike still trumps all other.
post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Interesting...as @Mario stated, this upmap can be used on any exhaust, presumably OEM too. Obviously without the flexibility of Rapid or Rexxer. Wonder what the gains in performance and engine smoothness would be with the OEM exhaust.

See faq below...

https://www.up-map.it/en/f-a-q/

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2015 Ducati Scrambler

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page