Symtec Heated Grip Kit - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheels

Symtec Heated Grip Kit

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has had the Symtec Head Demon Grip kit on their SS? I've had it on my old Monster S4R and they worked great. Just wondering if anyone else had/considered them?

Here's the link: https://www.adventure-spec.com/defau...er-switch.html

Cheers
Ed K and NothingClever like this.

Ducati SSS 2017 - Loving it!
Harley Davidson Forty Eight 1200 2018 - Loved the looks, hated everything else. Traded in for the SSS
Ducati Monster S4R 2005 - My love and pride. Unfortunately sold for HD
Suzuki Bandit 650 2007 - Great "starter" bike sold
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 11:05 PM
Chicken Strips

IMHO the stock grips are worth the money because of the dash integration. I have those ones you posted on my 1098 they work but I wish I had an own option for the 1098
Duke of Desmo and Jippo like this.

Skywurz

2017 Supersport
2008 1098
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 04:12 AM
SuperSport Master

I’ve installed SymTec heaters on three of my bikes and they’ve been great. Like their advertisement says, you get to pick your grips rather than being stuck with the manufacturer’s OEM heated grips (probably warm but not very comfortable).

However, SkyWurz brings up a great point. Had my previous bikes had some integration with the dash, that would have changed my calculus to perhaps use the OEM grips and adjust my gloves instead to get the comfort and control I sought.

So, lemme get this straight.

I twist this little tube, it gets loud, I go forward really fast and it makes me smile...is that how it all works?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheels

Thank you guys. I didn't realise that the Ducati heated grips can be integrated. Which switch controls it then? Is it the case of going into he menu and browsing through until you find the heated grips? Or is there an extra button for it?

Sorry, shows my limited research abilities 🙂

Harley Davidson Forty Eight 1200 2018 - Loved the looks, hated everything else. Traded in for the SSS
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 10:43 AM
Training Wheels

You push the menu switch in the down direction until you get to the heated grips option.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 11:31 AM
Elbow Dragger

The heated grips function has to be enabled in the dash by a dealer or you won't see it.

2017 Supersport 939
2015 Scrambler Classic
1994 907ie
1982 Pantah 500SL (now sold)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 05:07 PM
Chicken Strips

You scroll down through the right column of the dash until you find the heated grip (once enabled) you then hold down until it flashes and you can pick low, medium,high then you hold select. An icon then appears on the display showing they are on.

Skywurz

2017 Supersport
2008 1098
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheels

Thank you. Doesn't seem too bad. I'll find out how much the installation will cost to see if it would be worth it compared to the Symtec ones (I can install these myself for sure)

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 08:54 PM
Chicken Strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timur A View Post
Thank you. Doesn't seem too bad. I'll find out how much the installation will cost to see if it would be worth it compared to the Symtec ones (I can install these myself for sure)
You can install the OEM ones yourself and save a couple bucks most dealerships charge 50-80 to activate them.

Skywurz

2017 Supersport
2008 1098
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-02-2019, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheels

In case anyone's interested in the update, I decided to bite the bullet and get the OEM heated grips. Also installed by my service garage at the same time as getting the new set of tyres and installing the belly pan.

If I'm completely honest, a part of me regrets not going with the Symtec ones as in order to switch the OEM ones you have to scroll through menus, long hold the down button, then select the correct strength (there are 3 options, Off, Low, Med and High. I think it's one too many tbh) and then long press the enter button. Then I have to scroll through the menu to select whatever I want to actually see. If I had the Symtec, I'd simply toggle the switch and that would have been it. But I guess this one is neater as there aren't any extra switches or extra holes in the fairings. The actual grips are quite nice actually, they might be even better than the standard ones as they are a bit thicker.

Overall, I'm quite happy, but feel a bit cheated for the price. If they were 100 cheaper, I'd feel a lot better about them.

I've tried heat at High today and they are quite hot. It was 4C outside and my hands felt very warm, so working good.

The garage didn't return the standard grips though, does anyone know if they cut them off, or should I ask for them back?

Cheers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page