ECU mapping - Page 40 - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 239Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #391 of 397 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 11:40 PM
Training Wheels

The bike has the Competition Werkes system on it, so no cat, and a short can. Deafening without the DB killer, I run it WITH the baffle because the bike seems to like the little bit of backpressure - Noticeable difference in low end off idle torque (butt-o-meter) and the RapidBike autoadapt feature seems to have a much easier time. When it's wide open, the autotune just wants more, and more, and more fuel in the first few columns in each map, but it runs like crap. Seems to be a bit of a glitch, like before when running the Hypermotard algorithms only hugely more pronounced. So baffle stays in...

I set it up a bit leaner than the RB base autoadapt setting (41 instead of 42... no idea what those numbers represent) and after accepting the first trims, it seems happy, and isn't asking for more.

My charcoal canister has been relocated to the dumpster.

I have also blocked the SAI, but not with much finesse. I fashioned a plug that would block the SAI source pipe in the airbox and carefully and securely fastened it in place (wouldn't THAT be awesome to fall through a throttle body... it is rubber though, and no way it could get past valves). The result of this is strange: The bike obviously has much, much less popping and backfiring on overrun and downshifts (it was cool, but getting way beyond just obnoxious). The weirder side effect, however, is that until the engine temp gets to about 60C, the fuelling seems a bit off, and the bike has hesitation at lower revs. Once it's warm, all is well. Not sure if the hesitation is related to blocking the sai pipe, but it became pronounced as soon as I plugged the hole.
Ed K likes this.
post #392 of 397 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 08:40 AM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterclean View Post
The bike has the Competition Werkes system on it, so no cat, and a short can. Deafening without the DB killer, I run it WITH the baffle because the bike seems to like the little bit of backpressure - Noticeable difference in low end off idle torque (butt-o-meter) and the RapidBike autoadapt feature seems to have a much easier time. When it's wide open, the autotune just wants more, and more, and more fuel in the first few columns in each map, but it runs like crap. Seems to be a bit of a glitch, like before when running the Hypermotard algorithms only hugely more pronounced. So baffle stays in...

I set it up a bit leaner than the RB base autoadapt setting (41 instead of 42... no idea what those numbers represent) and after accepting the first trims, it seems happy, and isn't asking for more.

I have also blocked the SAI, but not with much finesse. I fashioned a plug that would block the SAI source pipe in the airbox and carefully and securely fastened it in place (wouldn't THAT be awesome to fall through a throttle body... it is rubber though, and no way it could get past valves). The result of this is strange: The bike obviously has much, much less popping and backfiring on overrun and downshifts (it was cool, but getting way beyond just obnoxious). The weirder side effect, however, is that until the engine temp gets to about 60C, the fuelling seems a bit off, and the bike has hesitation at lower revs. Once it's warm, all is well. Not sure if the hesitation is related to blocking the sai pipe, but it became pronounced as soon as I plugged the hole.
Many have reported that hesitation until warm as something that occurred after the last ECU software update. Not sure of youíve had you bike serviced recently or not but if itís hooked up to the Ducati software, it will automatically load.

Mike

- 2017 Ducati Supersport S
- 2011 Triumph Sprint GT
- 2010 Yamaha WR250R
post #393 of 397 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
SuperSport Master

Quote:
Good day gents, I have returned. BIke crash (not the SS), injury, recovery, then divorce, relocation, court, and basically a life reversal meant I was off the bike for a while. All healed up now, but I couldn't even look at them in the Garage for a while, and going online and talking about bikes was torture. So I took a Hiatus. And I'm back.

Got the RB Evo sent to Yaman, had it set up for the SS, I've made a map, and she runs better than ever. Just a quick update, first rides today, a bit of tweaking, but it feels like a production bike now, but loud and fast. Good to be back. Hit me up if anyone wants to talk maps.

-Corey
Other than the trim map per cylinder, what else on RB have you done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #394 of 397 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 11:28 AM
Training Wheels

Garage
Quote:

Interesting that you've been able to get AutoAdapt to work by moving the AFR target to a bit leaner O2Sens setting. What is your Min/Max Enrichment setting and the Start Correction setting? Better would be if you could post a screen shot of your base map page and the AutoAdapt page? To recap the issue, I have found that the AutoAdapt trims will never stop hitting the the max allowed in the closed loop area, and just beyond, no matter what the base map has been set to by applying trims. As you pointed out, the result is a overly rich map that eventually causes the bike to run rough. I tried setting the O2Sens to 41 before without success but will give it another go.

2017 Ducati Supersport S
1997 Ducati 748 Monoposto
2007 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200
2001 HD Road King Classic
post #395 of 397 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
SuperSport Master

Here's a proof's in the pudding video about AFR and mapping.
Ed K and brucemswan like this.
post #396 of 397 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

@amoslws Great vid!

What AFR are you using in the 1200? What AFR is stock for the 939 SS?

And, I wonder what the AFRs are for the various Termi upmaps (with different exhaust options)?

Have heard that even though Termi sells a version of the upmap for the stock SS exhaust, itís ďtoo richĒ for the stock exhaust. But havenít seen any hard data to prove or disapprove that.

Even though the quantity of air and fuel will be increased for more power with freer exhaust/emission, perhaps the AFR is kept about the same...maybe a bit richer to protect the engine for more power(?).

Your thoughts?

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2015 Ducati Scrambler
post #397 of 397 (permalink) Old 01-28-2020, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
SuperSport Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed K View Post
@amoslws Great vid!

What AFR are you using in the 1200? What AFR is stock for the 939 SS?

And, I wonder what the AFRs are for the various Termi upmaps (with different exhaust options)?

Have heard that even though Termi sells a version of the upmap for the stock SS exhaust, it’s “too rich” for the stock exhaust. But haven’t seen any hard data to prove or disapprove that.

Even though the quantity of air and fuel will be increased for more power with freer exhaust/emission, perhaps the AFR is kept about the same...maybe a bit richer to protect the engine for more power(?).

Your thoughts?
Mine ranges from 12.4 - 12.8 - 13.2.
After around 40% throttle and above 4500 rpm it is 13.2.
Lower % throttle and rpm are 12.4:1

I enjoyed how the guy takes it across the lambda to demonstrate the torque curve. I think I'm going to find someone locally that can do the same with my SS.
Ed K likes this.

Last edited by amoslws; 01-28-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page