engine light came on and loosened side stand bolt - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By rapete

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheels

engine light came on and loosened side stand bolt

I had ordered the new review mirrors a while back via my dealer but for some reason order went into nirvana.
Anyhoo finally the new mirrors arrived and I arranged work shop time for yesterday.

It was chilly in the morning - 5C - but the SS would start just fine. Let it run while I finished dressing up. When I took off the engine stalled - which is kinda normal in cold conditions. I then re-started and revved a little higher. Boom - engine light came on and would not stop.

I decided to take the risk and ride to the dealer right through town.

The ride went just fine and after swopping for new mirrors the mechanic told me his observations.
  1. it wasnt an active error - failure code was in regards to rev limitations??
  2. one side stand bolt had become loose and would have failed any sec.
  3. not sure if I had already new mirrors on the bike before - visibility was actually kinda OK before. But definatelly the mirror arms are now tightened to specs whereas before the entire assembly was somewhat wobbly right at the fixation points.
Went for a 5 hours ride afterwards - also to test out the new shoei. All in all Im pretty satisfied.
  1. Visibility through the mirrors is improved due to better fixation.
  2. The new helmet is an improvement for wearing sun glasses - I read it is somewhat designed for wearing glasses. Also there is more room for ear phones. Good.
  3. Engine light stayed off after reset. Also good and hopefully only a burp in the system.
Oldrider likes this.

Last edited by rapete; 10-08-2019 at 09:22 AM.
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, loosening of the side stand is not that uncommon...reported here several times. Glad they caught it in time. Everyone should inspect theirs routinely.

Also with engine light...after a stall it may appear sometimes, but usually will clear by itself if it was triggered by a stall.

Glad the new mirrors helped a bit. Mine are waiting for me at the shop, but haven’t gotten to it yet.

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2015 Ducati Scrambler

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page