Mirror Vibration Satisfaction - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
View Poll Results: Rate your satisfaction with the CLARITY of rearward vision of the mirrors
Very satisfied (can see clearly) 0 0%
Somewhat satisfied (can make out most objects) 8 5.00%
Acceptable (can make out generic shapes, but could be much better) 52 32.50%
Unsatisfied (can make out very few objects) 64 40.00%
Very unsatisfied (cannot see or make out anything whatsoever) 36 22.50%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

145Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 168 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Mirror Vibration Satisfaction

This is a MUCH discussed issue on this forum, and one that has caused some potential buyers to flat out pass on the purchase of this bike due to the unacceptable performance of the mirrors. However, not all of us are completely unsatisfied. So, let's do a poll and see what shakes out.

Let's be honest and ONLY vote on the CLARITY. If your elbows are in the way, that's not for this poll. Most all sportbikes suffer from that issue.
Rhino likes this.

~David~

Last edited by se7en; 12-05-2017 at 10:03 AM.
post #2 of 168 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 10:09 AM
Training Wheels

It would be nice to get a lot of votes in the poll here to maybe provide it to Ducati. Seems like they are hesitant on believing that there is an issue with these mirrors. I reached out to my dealer, and they too said they have not received any complaints. However, I am in Chicago, and there haven't been many SS sales around here. It was hard enough to get one in the area, so I have a feeling there isn't many locals with an SS to call in and complain about the issue.
Rhino likes this.
post #3 of 168 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Elbow Dragger

Garage
I can see that something is behind me but the image appears to be going round in circles, weird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 168 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 11:47 AM
Training Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucColin View Post
I can see that something is behind me but the image appears to be going round in circles, weird.
Is the rubber side down the whole time?

Sorry, couldn't help it.
klev, se7en and DucColin like this.

1993 888 SP5 #167
1998 916 SPS #774
2001 996R
2002 998R #481
2006 999R Xerox #69
2008 1098R #262
2014 1199 Superleggera #213
post #5 of 168 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 02:09 PM
Elbow Dragger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo939 View Post
It would be nice to get a lot of votes in the poll here to maybe provide it to Ducati. Seems like they are hesitant on believing that there is an issue with these mirrors. I reached out to my dealer, and they too said they have not received any complaints. However, I am in Chicago, and there haven't been many SS sales around here. It was hard enough to get one in the area, so I have a feeling there isn't many locals with an SS to call in and complain about the issue.
I dont think this is true. Member here said that a friend of his working at Ducati, or close to someone working there confirmed the issue with the mirrors
post #6 of 168 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 02:29 PM
Training Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by klev View Post
I dont think this is true. Member here said that a friend of his working at Ducati, or close to someone working there confirmed the issue with the mirrors
In the Chicagoland area? There are only 2 authorized Ducati dealers within like 300mi here. So if that's the case I would love to know which one it was that said that since mine told me they haven't heard anything!
post #7 of 168 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 04:14 PM
SuperSport Master

Great. thanks @se7en for creating the pole. lets try keep the momentum up and encourage every member to vote. then we can bombard Ducati with the result. I am not a complainer, but this is the sort of thing that will prompt Ducati to sending out a statement of acknowledgment and maybe let us know if they are working on a fix. For safety reasons I need to change out these mirrors. At the very least I would like a part number provided by Ducati of a swap out replacement with integrated indicator lights. It should not be down to us to be searching the net and guessing what may or may not work !! I do not want this one issue to override the pleasure of this bike.
post #8 of 168 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 05:08 PM
Elbow Dragger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo939 View Post
In the Chicagoland area? There are only 2 authorized Ducati dealers within like 300mi here. So if that's the case I would love to know which one it was that said that since mine told me they haven't heard anything!
I think it was in Italy.
post #9 of 168 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Training Wheels

Quote:
I think it was in Italy.
When I was at the Ducati factory in Bologna in September I spoke to one of their bike testers who acknowledged the problem with the mirrors. Ducati are well aware of the problem.
amoslws, Rhino, Alley Oop and 1 others like this.
post #10 of 168 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 06:20 PM
Training Wheels

Quote:
I think it was in Italy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stavros View Post
When I was at the Ducati factory in Bologna in September I spoke to one of their bike testers who acknowledged the problem with the mirrors. Ducati are well aware of the problem.
Yea I understand Ducati is.. But it seemed like my local dealers have not heard of a complaint other than mine. Most likely due to the fact that not many SS's have been sold in my area yet.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page