Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

Back Pack Recommendations

8K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  Ed K 
#1 ·
Haven't sorted out yet what I'm gonna do for luggage, so in the meantime I guess will resort to a back pack. I've always had some sort of luggage with various bikes so haven't needed a back pack before...until now.

If there's another thread on this, sorry, please redirect and delete this thread.

What are your recommendations for back packs? Thanks.

#4 ·
I've heard nothing but good things about the Velomacchi roll top pack, particularly about the shoulder strap system being more ergonomically proper for motorcycle riding. Don't own one personally, but I've seen many positive reviews by people I know and trust.

https://www.velomacchi.com/products/velomacchi-rolltop-backpack

Reactions: Ed K
#19 ·
#22 ·
Have been using the my Kriega R15 for a few years now, for mostly light duty work... groceries, breads from coffee shop bakery, documents, and a couple of motorcycle trips (usually I use panniers on trips instead of back packs)...

Although the pack hasn’t been through a lot of abuse, I gotta say, it is an outstanding pack. Beautifully made, excellent engineering, very comfortable.

#24 ·
Kriega for the win.

Picked up four bottles of San Giovese wine, two sopressatta, a pound of San Luigi espresso and a tiramisu yesterday.

Grocery shopping in a fine moto style.

#27 ·
I use an Ogio Mach 5 on a regular basis, but also have a Kriega R30 for longer tours.

Reactions: Ed K
#28 ·
I've had a heap of backpacks from decades ago, even one of the first camelbaks. I've now gone a bit dearer than the camping ones in past few years and got the Kriega 15 about 2 years ago. It was just for the road bike, but it is so good that I'm using it for all the offroad (enduro/adv) as well now. The cheap ones didn't tear much, this Kriega is extremely unlikely to as well. Very good quality, excellent water bag and tube. You don't know it is on your back. If I wreck it I'll get another the same.
I've had countless big stacks over the years, and usually do the 'commando roll' onto a shoulder and end up on my back. I've never had any problem with a 'broken back' as above threatened. In fact on the balance of things, I reckon a backpack helps protect your back and also helps you roll. Unless you're carrying a metal anvil in there.
Remember if you melt or tear them, a sewing lady at a local saddlery usually fixes things up nicely for only a few $$. This goes for all your gear!! A leather patch on your synth pants looks cool and vice versa.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.