Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

WTB White Silk Bellypan for standard exhaust, UK

11K views 40 replies 9 participants last post by  spartan1984 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I guess the name of the thread says it all. I would like to purchase a White Silk Bellypan for standard exhaust and I'm in the UK. Any tips of where I can order one, I'd really appreciate!

Thanks!

Timur A

#2 ·
Hi all, I guess the name of the thread says it all. I would like to purchase a White Silk Bellypan for standard exhaust and I'm in the UK. Any tips of where I can order one, I'd really appreciate! Thanks!
Timur A
I bought the Ilmberger CF part and am very happy with it. I'd buy one of those and have your local auto body shop paint it to match the White Silk color.

Attachments

#3 ·
Hi all, I guess the name of the thread says it all. I would like to purchase a White Silk Bellypan for standard exhaust and I'm in the UK. Any tips of where I can order one, I'd really appreciate! Thanks!
Timur A
I bought the Ilmberger CF part and am very happy with it. I'd buy one of those and have your local auto body shop paint it to match the White Silk color.
Thanks, but getting an expensive carbon fibre piece and painting it sounds like a waste of good carbon and money... I don't have (and don't really want) any other CF pieces on my bike, so don't think it will look too good. I'd rather get a good plastic one that matches the rest of the bodywork. I haven't come across any known names doing it though

#5 ·
Geees, carbon belly pan?

Flat WHITE latex interior paint and roller brush should do it. Walla !

/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif
😅

Reactions: LowRyter
#10 ·
Cool thanks!

#14 ·
I bought that unpainted bellypan from Germany and had my garage where I service the bike paint it. They said they bought the Ducati silk white paint, done two coats, but it still came out a bit more yellow than the rest of the bike, so they had to colour match several times, so it took them just over a month. Picking it up tomorrow evening, will post some pics with the result 🤞

Reactions: PeeWee939S
#15 ·
Finally picked her up with the belly pan painted white. The colour matches perfectly, I'm very happy! Could take a good picture however as it was already dark, but here you go

Attachments

#18 ·
Thanks, here are some photos from today's ride.

Attachments

Reactions: spartan1984
#19 ·
You have to wonder why Ducati (and other manufacturers) chose to expose the catalytic converter instead of extending the fairing to cover that eyesore. It's not because there's "too much heat", as that issue can be controlled with proper insulation. One of the worst offenders in the new BMW S1000RR.

Attachments

#37 ·
That will be more difficult, as it is matte white pearl, and I'm not sure ColorRite has a matching paint. Many auto paint shops should still be able to create a match though if you show them a painted part. I (through the painter I use) was able to come up with a match on the gloss Star White for the Monsters. The bellypans in the photos matched quite well.

Attachments

#38 ·
While I had some idle time on my hands, I bit the bullet and ordered the Ilmberger exhaust end cap kit & rear bellypan (both in CF gloss). Should be here in about 3 weeks or so and looking forward to adding to the ride :laugh:

#40 ·
@spartan1984 is there any reason you chose the gloss carbon over the matt carbon, given that the SSS is matt white? It looks great but just wondered about your reasoning, because I am thinking about getting the matt carbon.

#41 ·
Hi Boe,

Just personal preference that's all. I have CNC Racing, Ducabike and Rizoma accessories on the bike and thought that the gloss carbon went well with those. Plus with the bike being a "matte white" the gloss provides a very nice "look" to the eye.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.