Is this the forum for me - Ducati Supersport 939 Forum
 141Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
SuperSport Master

Is this the forum for me

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same as me.
I am beginning to think that there are more negatives coming out of this forum than positives.
Daily I read about complaints from all angles.
Crikey if I was reading this as a person thinking of buying the bike then after an episode of this forum I will likely make a bow turn.

It's simple, go get a jap bike if you are looking for a bike with no character or noises or rider capability, but please stop putting your sh1t on here.

Yes by nature we are a bunch of whimpering human beings but for the sake of a fruitful forum can we step it up a gear.
oldndumb, Ventura17SS and mijube like this.
post #2 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 07:08 AM
SuperSport Master

Lol there are some Intresting characters on this forum and as they post I build a (spitting Images) picture of them I find it quite amusing. I detect a slight hint of winging Pom in your comment And not stereo tipical Yaapie get it together boet go grab a beer watch some Rugby lift heavy things book a weekend trip to sun city and see you back here all optimistic next week 😂😂
John, spinkick, amoslws and 3 others like this.
post #3 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 08:44 AM
Knee Dragger

I appreciate people posting up about it's quirks. I haven't bought mine yet, and I want to know all the issues with the bike before I do. If it gives problems like my Monster has given me, then I'll probably get a reliable Japanese bike next. I love Ducati's Wow factor when people see it, and it's the small luxury I've allowed myself, but I need a good commuter. If Ducati isn't designing a good bike, they need to get their sh it together.
John, Rhino, TennisFreak and 1 others like this.

Last edited by 1uglybastard; 06-27-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Would concur with above, generally, had not noticed excessive negativity; quite the opposite: very few significant issues with this newly introduced, magnificent machine.

2017 Ducati SuperSport S
2015 Ducati Scrambler
post #5 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
SuperSport Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
Lol there are some Intresting characters on this forum and as they post I build a (spitting Images) picture of them I find it quite amusing. I detect a slight hint of winging Pom in your comment And not stereo tipical Yaapie get it together boet go grab a beer watch some Rugby lift heavy things book a weekend trip to sun city and see you back here all optimistic next week 😂😂
I'm a Vaalie and never had the aspiration to be a Jaapie Although there are a few in the next suburb and my pub (only for the guiness) crosses the boundary.
Rhino and melba like this.
post #6 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed K View Post
Would concur with above, generally, had not noticed excessive negativity; quite the opposite: very few significant issues with this newly introduced, magnificent machine.
I agree with you Ed. TBH, I think this bike has captured the eye of a lot of new people to Ducati that were previous bullet proof Japanese owners...AND there is definitely merit to owning a Japanese bike. I've had 9 of them. Each one was reliable as the sun coming up every day. Let's be honest, they have earned that reliable reputation!!

Ducati isn't that. BUT they do have character...but at the price of reliability. I'm financially sound enough to put up with those quirks because I want the soul of the Italian machinery. And they are getting better with reliability, but let's be honest, they will never reach the level of the Japanese.

I need this site for all its glory...and hate. Hopefully, the glory will outweigh the hate. I sure don't want a pure fanboy site and I'm not going to get disappointed with a little negative feedback. Afterall, the bike surely isn't perfect.
Ed K, Rhino and TheKaric like this.

~David~

post #7 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 11:41 AM
SuperSport Master

I think there's lots of positives on this forum. I just think its the niggles that stand out.

It's a bike with lots of character, and we have lots of characters too............ great forum in my honest opinion. Stick with it to be entertained and enlightened,

Rhino and VFL like this.
post #8 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 04:56 PM
Chicken Strips

Garage
I didnt get that feeling. People will always talk about problems they are having vs just talking about how great the bike is. I like all the discussion.
steeve, Hugg727, Rhino and 1 others like this.

18 Panigale V4
post #9 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
This forum is no different from any other "technology "forum.
For example: smartphones....10 years ago the iphone changed everything and I still cant believe what you can get (android too)in a small piece of electronics. In those forums there are always some that are fanboys (they buy sight unseen)...some that are trolling / gathering info before they buy...and some that will just throw darts at it all day.

Here we are talking about a bike that has DQS, ABS, DTC, 3 different riding modes, Bluetooth, fuel injection etc.... most bikes 10 years ago didnt even have abs. The entire point of joining any forum is to share information, good or bad, with people that all have at least 1 thing in common, in this case its the SS.

Whether you choose to comment or just read the various posts, you get to pick and choose what information relates to your situation. Lets be happy that we have that "1 thing" to talk about...good or bad.

2017 Supersport S
QD Exhaust
RapidBike EVO
post #10 of 78 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 08:47 PM
Chicken Strips

I think one of the contributing factors is the lack of aftermarket parts and accessories. Many of the other forums (other bikes), the discussion is around parts to make bikes go faster, sound better, bling and Yankee engineering. Since we really have nothing more than a tail tidy an a few stickers for tank protection, there is not much more to discuss after a few 1000 miles of fun - other than more fun.

Every new bike will have teething issues. However, most other manufactures have aftermarket parts to rectify the issue. The Indian scout had a terrible rear shock - within a few months there were a bunch of companies building or rebuilding the stock shock. Forum members even build springs and spacers to fix the front. It was amazing to transform that bike. I hope the few small issues will get resolved soon. In the meantime, lets ride.
Hugg727 and fishoutofh20 like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page