Elbow Dragger

Garage
Gear shifter lever recall is finally out

https://www-rideapart-com.cdn.amppro...-supersport%2F

Keeping It Simple
post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 07:32 PM
Knee Dragger

Garage
Huh. Surprised it took this long for the shift lever.

1994 900 SS/CR
2017 939 SuperSport S

It's Italian. If I can get it to start, it'll win.
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 09:05 PM
Training Wheels

Garage
Broken two lever ends so far and adapted them both to screw in round lever ends! Now I get a free one?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 09:45 PM
Training Wheels

Garage
Well at least the timing works for me. Once my bike comes out of its winter hibernation , I can get both recalls done in one service appointment in the Spring. Hopefully I actually get notified this time. Last recall I had to get the dealer to check for me. Ducati never contacted me even though they have my contact info.
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Elbow Dragger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Desmo View Post
Broken two lever ends so far and adapted them both to screw in round lever ends! Now I get a free one?!
I know right! Well at least you were able to diy. I broke mirror and thankfully purchased it for less than MSRP from a forum member. Now im looking out to see my ride is covered for the mirror recall

Keeping It Simple
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 01:07 AM
SuperSport Master

Yeah mine has previously broken. Every now and then I check it's still there with a toe tap while riding.
Duke of Desmo likes this.
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 03:10 AM
Chicken Strips

Garage
Cool, good on Ducati for recognizing the issue and replacing them. I have not had an issue as of yet, thankfully, but I see many of you here have...not fun at all, nor safe.

Don C.
Sunshine and my ride is all I need...
2018 Ducati Supersport S, "Solana"
2017 Ducati Supersport S, "Annabella"
2006 Honda CBR600RR, "Red-Rocket"
1990 Honda VFR400 , "Baby V"
and a dozen more previously owned bikes
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 03:53 AM
Training Wheels

Ha. My shift lever peg fell out while riding to my first service. Not impressed. Managed to find it and tap it partly back in with a piece of wood that I found by the side of the road. They tapped it all the way in an said "see how you go". Well, I've been tapping it in with a rubber mallet every second fuel fill since. When I brought it in for the second service it was in so they "couldn't see the problem" and wouldn't let on that I wasn't the only one.

And now my fuel guage has suddenly started acting up. Loving the bike but it's my first Ducati and considering the price premium it's not a reliability competitor to any of the rice burners I've owned until now. Sigh. Lucky I've got three more rides in the stable.;-) Speaking of which, my Scrambler Icon died due to a "loose ground" (really on a two year old bike, who's screwing these things together?) . Zero issues with my Yammy. My Honda is 35 years old so you'd expect issues...but it's pretty reliable.

83 CB1100F
16 Yamaha XSR900
16 Scrambler Icon - Termi race system
17 Supersport S in Faster White - Delivered 12 August '17.

Last edited by lowflying; 12-05-2018 at 03:58 AM.
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 05:12 AM
Training Wheels

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflying View Post
Ha. My shift lever peg fell out while riding to my first service. Not impressed. Managed to find it and tap it partly back in with a piece of wood that I found by the side of the road. They tapped it all the way in an said "see how you go". Well, I've been tapping it in with a rubber mallet every second fuel fill since. When I brought it in for the second service it was in so they "couldn't see the problem" and wouldn't let on that I wasn't the only one.

And now my fuel guage has suddenly started acting up. Loving the bike but it's my first Ducati and considering the price premium it's not a reliability competitor to any of the rice burners I've owned until now. Sigh. Lucky I've got three more rides in the stable.;-) Speaking of which, my Scrambler Icon died due to a "loose ground" (really on a two year old bike, who's screwing these things together?) . Zero issues with my Yammy. My Honda is 35 years old so you'd expect issues...but it's pretty reliable.
Are we talking the lever end breaking off, the whole lever linkage coming off the splines or the lever coming off its pivot point? Think there have been a few issues reported here.
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
We are talking about just the toe part. Its a press fit type and will sometimes vibrate out. The quick and easy fix is to grab your drill and tap the male end of it, then get a proper sized washer (i.e. - larger) and a screw and fasten them together. The larger washer will keep it from coming off again.

~David~

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page