Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to plug the GPS to the white plug on right hand. I removed the tail with the male connector and I guess to find the + and the -

anyone already know?

I'm posting a picture showing the tail, which one is the +, #1 or #2?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Plug it in. use a multimeter with the black wire to the frame and touch each wire with the red lead, it will show you which is +. I have a USB power supply on mine to plug GPS or phone into.

Don't forget that there a 3 of those leads in that area, two are for the heated grips.

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
A Rizoma plug-in pigtail is available that has red and black wires. If it’s of interest, will post a pic. I’m in the process of using it for my GPS.

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
Also, ensure your the connecting wire from the bike to the GPS has a step-down from the 12v source to 5v.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,704 Posts
Also, ensure your the connecting wire from the bike to the GPS has a step-down from the 12v source to 5v.
Some bike GPS, like my TomTom, have the 12v to 5V conversion done in the dedicated mount.

From memory, the tension at this connector is already replaced in 5 volts.
No Olivier, it is very definitely 12V.

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
Some bike GPS, like my TomTom, have the 12v to 5V conversion done in the dedicated mount.

No Olivier, it is very definitely 12V.
The GPS I just got (one that I almost guarantee no one has heard of, but it turned out great) has an in-line conversion from 12v to 5v with bare wire at the bike end.

Will be trialing it today on the bike, using that connector on the right side of the SS, and will provide a comprehensive read-out on the GPS and install.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Rizoma part #EE073H

·
Premium Member
198 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
Two plugs per Rizoma package (upper portion of first pic)

Plug removed from bike (lower portion of first pic)

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
Plugged into the GPS cable (that I attached mating connectors to bare wire from GPS). Now I can easily connect and disconnect GPS wire to use on Scrambler or to just disconnect when not in use.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts