Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
Also, can very easily put SS OEM pigtail back, if desired.

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
Is there a kit to turn that into a usb plug?
There may be, but not that I’m aware of. But I’m sure with a little research you could find a connectorized USB cord that could connect to the Rizoma part.

Also, you are already aware of the USB under the seat, right?

·
Registered
375 Posts
They’re may be, but not that I’m aware of. But I’m sure with a little research you could find a connectorized USB cord that could connect to the Rizoma part.

Also, you are already aware of the USB under the seat, right?
yup of course, but that is a long way off from the handlebar, and a second port never hurts. Any idea on what the plug is called so I can google it?:smile2:

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
yup of course, but that is a long way off from the handlebar, and a second port never hurts. Any idea on what the plug is called so I can google it?:smile2:
“Bullet” connectors for the side of the Rizoma opposite to the bike. But after a little more thought, it should not be done unless you have a voltage reducer in the circuit. 12v directly turned into USB will probably blow up your device.

·
Registered
375 Posts
“Bullet” connectors for the side of the Rizoma opposite to the bike. But after a little more thought, it should not be done unless you have a voltage reducer in the circuit. 12v directly turned into USB will probably blow up your device.
Found something in amazon for 7 usd, will try it out. Its 12v to usb with rain protection.

·
Registered
12 Posts
These plugs ( should be 2 , one on the right and one on the left) should be for the heated grips.

Did you enabled by bike setup or were already ready under 12V ? Can you see a resistance icon on dashboard ?

The user manual has a dedicated chapter for this and how to use with warning for the battery usage

·
Registered
422 Posts
These plugs ( should be 2 , one on the right and one on the left) should be for the heated grips.

Did you enabled by bike setup or were already ready under 12V ? Can you see a resistance icon on dashboard ?

The user manual has a dedicated chapter for this and how to use with warning for the battery usage
You only need to read this thread and believe what we have all written. There are three (3) white plugs on the right side, two for the heated grips which we are not referring to here, and one for accessories, eg USB plug. I think that we all know that there are two USB plugs under the seat, but if I put my GPS under there then i cannot see it while I am riding. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Ya know...they make long USB cords. You can easily run it from under the seat to the handlebars. Not a big deal to me, but to each their own. Or do as Fred said, and tap into the accessories plug. Personally, if going the accessories plug route, I would try and find a matching Ducati plug and make my own cord...just to keep from splicing.

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
I use a long USB to Lightning plug for the occasional need for power to phone (RAM mounted) for navigation. Long USB is easily routed under the tank, as needed. Usually, I only use phone for short hops, and phone battery is fine.

And also have just setup the power at right side of steering column, as separately discussed on this Forum, for GPS (also RAM mounted) power.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Any reason I cannot use the short stub plug and splice into that for my accessories? I plan to hook up a radar detector, which uses basic phone plugs. Easy to solder and heat shrink... what is under those stub plugs?

·
Registered
2019MY Ducati Supersport S
46 Posts
I am about to install an Optimate USB O-108 12v to 5v gizmo to provide charging power for my iPhone. Plan is to wire it via the switched power accessory plug poking out of the front right hand side of the frame (dealer gave me a spare connector to use so I don’t have to open up the pigtails). Does anyone know if the switched power source is fused or would I need to wire in a fuse to protect my phone?

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,704 Posts
See my reply to your other post.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Any reason I cannot use the short stub plug and splice into that for my accessories? I plan to hook up a radar detector, which uses basic phone plugs. Easy to solder and heat shrink... what is under those stub plugs?
No reason, they have short wires coming out of them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Gps plugged in.

Actually I used the oem pig tsil and connected it to my garmin gps mount.

12 v output and the + is #1 on my picture.
Thanks for posting this. Soldered my Garmin wiring harness to this pigtail and confirmed the polarity. The Zumo fired right up when I keyed the ignition on. Getting that blob off the pigtail leads was the hardest part. Now the next challenge will be where to stash this bale of wire out of sight.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts