Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 530 Posts

·
Banned
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the bike gearing as it should be .
The 14T sprocket is perfect. makes the bike accelerate sharper & much smoother through every gear & with a lot less vibration all-round.. Riding in & around the City is now enjoyable, no more lumpy chugging vibes at slow speeds .. from 25 mph in 3rd gear it will accelerate without struggling or having to change down into 2nd.
all-in-all much smoother in every gear & on the open road it accelerates like a rocket.:smile2:
also there is no electronics adjustment to be done...DQS, ABS, TC, Speedo' all work the same,
I found the QS actually works much better....Oh nearly forgot, a less vibes on the mirrors also.:surprise:

·
Banned
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tested it at a constant 70mph, (normal A road/motorway speeds).
Colin...I did 70 miles today.. not only did I test it at a steady 70 & 80 mph.
I put it through its paces & took it up to 105 mph & the happened in a very few seconds.. unbelievable...:smile2:

·
Registered
422 Posts
I considered doing this as it was a good mod on the 848 that I had last year. I decided against it on the Supersport as it would up the revs on the Autoroutes. I tend to keep up 150 kmh heading north when I go to the UK, for 800 kms, so that would use more fuel and make the bike more buzzy.
If I was just using it as a town or short run bike then I would do it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I’m all in for the 14T mod as well. Loved it on my previous Ducatis (900 SSie and 848). I ordered the sprocket at the same time I took delivery of the bike and it’s now sitting at the dealership and waiting for the 1000km (600mi) maintenance to be installed. I am dying to get it done...

This + the throttle handle spacer and that bike should be crisp as an aim-9X shot from a fighter jet!

G

·
Banned
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guillaume69I ordered the sprocket at the same time I took delivery of the bike and it’s now sitting at the dealership and waiting for the 1000km (600mi) maintenance to be installed. I am dying to get it done...Quote:- ?

I did not get mine from Ducati as they did not have them for the Supersport.
I got mine from here but you will not find it in the search you have to call them, sorry I cant remember the code numbers , call them & ask for Mat in sales ...https://chainsandsprockets.co.uk/collections/jt-front-sprockets/products/jtf-565-front-drive-motorcycle-sprocket-15-teeth

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Guillaume69I ordered the sprocket at the same time I took delivery of the bike and it’s now sitting at the dealership and waiting for the 1000km (600mi) maintenance to be installed. I am dying to get it done...Quote:- ?

I got mine from here but you will not find it in the search you have to call them, sorry I cant remember the code numbers , call them & ask for Mat in sales ...https://chainsandsprockets.co.uk/collections/jt-front-sprockets/products/jtf-565-front-drive-motorcycle-sprocket-15-teeth
By the off chance, Do you recall the revs at 100mph

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Good on you @Greasegun-65 you Rebel. If anything at all goes wrong with your bike they will blame your Modification. It is called the BULSH1T clause. Ducati's Explanation: because you changed the light bulb in the lounge room, when you turn the light on the toilet will flush, therefore it is your fault and if you sit on the loo again we will not cover any further warranty.:grin2:

·
Banned
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
amos, no I did not look at the rev counter but it wasn't revving its B*llocks off by a long long way, its not the 1st time I have had it over the Ton i did it with the stock 15T & to be honest it does not feel any different Rev' wise at that speed with the 14T.
I'll try & watch for it next time

Rhino...Yes I know what you mean Mate, but you were dealing with a set of Ass-Holes at your dealership, my dealer fitted the 14T sprocket & No Charge, if anything were to wrong with the mechanics even if it was nowt to do with the sprocket but involved a warranty claim they would not mention or inform Ducati of the Sprock' Mod'.. the service manager is a great guy really help-full.
infact I have just spoke to him on the phone at his home about the re-call that's mentioned in another thread & he does not think that bikes with the full Akra fitted need any mods, but he is going to call Ducati & look into it tomorrow

·
Registered
195 Posts

Well in fact there never was a 14T sprocket available on the Ducati catalog for the SS. There was a mistake at first where people thought they had one that would fit but it did not.

My dealer told me about it out front and with my approbation, ordered it from another parts supplier, like all Ducati dealers do here, in France. Paid around 50€ for it and they will install it for free. Absolutely no impact on the 3 years warranty. All this was offered to lure me into buying this bike. Like I needed that... Ha!

I am blessed with a really cool Ducati dealership here, both in size and service quality.

G

·
Registered
422 Posts
I am blessed with a really incredible dealership here, both in size and service quality.

G
You are very lucky, there are few Ducati dealers here in France and my nearest is Motomove in Limoges, they are rubbish. I did visit one bear Cherbourg while i was up there and that was fantastic.

·
Banned
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well in fact there never was a 14T sprocket available on the Ducati for the SS. There was a mistake at first where people thought they had one that would fit but it did not.

My dealer told me they did not have the front and ordered it from another parts supplier.

I am blessed with a really incredible dealership here, both in size and service quality.
G

Yes that's the same as what I had to do but I ordered it myself from JT in the UK apparently the Sprocket I got is for other Ducati Models also.

PS
Amos & Rhino see my previous post reply above post

1 - 20 of 530 Posts