Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, just had my S serviced 2 weeks ago and it cost £200 which I think is quite excessive. Was told it was a recommended price by Ducati, any one else had theirs serviced yet?Also now having problems finding neutral, anyone else having problems

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
hi, just had my S serviced 2 weeks ago and it cost £200 which I think is quite excessive. Was told it was a recommended price by Ducati, any one else had theirs serviced yet?Also now having problems finding neutral, anyone else having problems
There will be a few of us over the next two weeks. So have we moved on from comparing purchase price to service cost now :grin2:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I think someone has and regarding neutral, that person said Shell oil caused problems. did you try adjusting the clutch play. it helps a bit, might help you more since you have done your 1st service already

·
Registered
411 Posts
i was told that the 600 mile service would be $365. And, yes...that is excessive.

i live in a different state than the dealership and was not feeling any desire to trailer and drive it there so I told them I needed a list of what needed to be checked. When they gave me some funny looks I reminded them of the law here in the US that prohibits vehicle manufacturers from dropping the warranty if they don't do the service themselves....as long as a professional mechanic does it. The agreed and were nice about it and gave me a checklist of what would be checked besides the oil change. My plan was to take it to the local Harley dealership as my friend with a moto guzzi told me they have a mechanic that is skilled with Italian bikes.

but....the more I checked into it the more i am certain the Harley dealership would charge me close to the same amount. It would probably take them two hours of mechanic time to just figure out the list :)

I have since decided i will just trailer it and take it there after all, and pay the exorbitant price. Se La Vi

·
Registered
841 Posts
i was told that the 600 mile service would be $365. And, yes...that is excessive.

i live in a different state than the dealership and was not feeling any desire to trailer and drive it there so I told them I needed a list of what needed to be checked. When they gave me some funny looks I reminded them of the law here in the US that prohibits vehicle manufacturers from dropping the warranty if they don't do the service themselves....as long as a professional mechanic does it. The agreed and were nice about it and gave me a checklist of what would be checked besides the oil change. My plan was to take it to the local Harley dealership as my friend with a moto guzzi told me they have a mechanic that is skilled with Italian bikes.

but....the more I checked into it the more i am certain the Harley dealership would charge me close to the same amount. It would probably take them two hours of mechanic time to just figure out the list :)

I have since decided i will just trailer it and take it there after all, and pay the exorbitant price. Se La Vi
Good to know, thx for the info.:smile2:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I paid around £170 as I recall. :crying:

·
Registered
516 Posts

I havent googled yet, but would you mind posting the list?

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
service checklist

I have the testastretta checklist for each service but I am unable to load it on the forum coz the files size is 275kb and the forum only allows 19kb. Sorry guys, I tried.
Perhaps it can be found on google.

·
Registered
516 Posts
if you can save the pic to your computer somewhere, when you click reply at the bottom there is a "managed attachments" button. You can click that and click choose file and then find the picture where you saved it and click ok.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Ok, done. Hope it is attached :)

One other note. It appears that the ONLY way to get the 600 mile check engine light to go off is to have the dealership do it. No one else has the computer connection.
None of that seems all that specialized, I wish they would let us do it ourselves somehow.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you don't have the print version of the owner's manual there is a digital copy from Ducati if you look...

Harley will charge over $400 for a first service with synthetics on their bikes. The first service on my Multi was around $150.

Doing the service yourself in the US does not void the warranty, just keep logs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My first service was 340 US. I found this excessive as well. I now have 1100 mile on the bike. Neutral is easy to find and the bike runs cooler than before.
Am around the same mileage as you and the bike is behaving the same. have the odd problem from 4th to 5th but had that on my last Ducati for about 4 months. My seat is getting bit warmer (but only a bit) with the race exhaust but spent half an hour riding through Cambridge this week in 19 deg of sun and it wasn't unpleasant at all - unlike when I was on a Panigale last year and the heat was unbearable.

Reactions: Nwillis

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok, done. Hope it is attached :)

One other note. It appears that the ONLY way to get the 600 mile check engine light to go off is to have the dealership do it. No one else has the computer connection.

I somehow missed this when asking about the service light reset. Maybe one more beer IS needed.

I have a Sprinter Van and the service light can be reset by the customer. It is a fairly involved process of button pushing and holding, paging through service menus, and waiting for beeps and such, but it can be done. The procedure was posted on a Sprinter Forum but is not from the owners or service information to my knowledge. Maybe there is hope.

Frank

1 - 20 of 93 Posts