Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

Brought my first propper bike. It's been a few years since I've last had one and am super excited about it. Just waiting on freight from Sydney to Adelaide now. If there wasn't covid I'd be on a plane over there now.

Dealer still has it for a few days. Anything I should get them to do while it's still there?

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Is it new or second hand? (I'd guess 2nd hand but it might be old stock). How many kilometres has it done? How long since its last service?

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Consider joining DOCSA. We are getting a few Supersports now.

I'd also book it in with Hooeys and get him to do a suspension setup for you. With the Ohlins properly setup even Adelaide roads won't phase it...

pm me if you need contact details.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it new or second hand? (I'd guess 2nd hand but it might be old stock). How many kilometres has it done? How long since its last service?
It's 2nd hand with 30.4k kms. Single owner back at the original dealership who sold it and did the majority of servicing. I've been given the full service history and they've also done the desmo service already, At 26,8xx (no adjustment required) and have done a service at 30k for the sale.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Consider joining DOCSA. We are getting a few Supersports now.

I'd also book it in with Hooeys and get him to do a suspension setup for you. With the Ohlins properly setup even Adelaide roads won't phase it...

pm me if you need contact details.
Those details would be great. I'd been looking for a doc for SA but hadn't been able to find one. Of you could point me there too that'd be great

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Check to ensure all the recalls have been done. They should have been, but its always worth checking (y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked the ducati service and safety site, apparently there are no recalls on it. But I will double check with the dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I checked the ducati service and safety site, apparently there are no recalls on it. But I will double check with the dealer.
Called dealer this morning, they confirmed. The sales person I am dealing with is highly regarded in the Australian ducati owners club and their mechanic is voted the best ducati mechanic in aus. So I should be in good hands

·
Vendor
58 Posts
Called dealer this morning, they confirmed. The sales person I am dealing with is highly regarded in the Australian ducati owners club and their mechanic is voted the best ducati mechanic in aus. So I should be in good hands
Congratulations on your purchase!
And welcome to the forum! :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
14 tooth front sprocket? One of the best mods I've done to mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
14 tooth front sprocket? One of the best mods I've done to mine.
I have thought about this. I'm currently unsure how many touring kms I'm going to clock up be will definitely consider it when it comes time to change the set.

How much more responsive is the smaller sprocket?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have thought about this. I'm currently unsure how many touring kms I'm going to clock up be will definitely consider it when it comes time to change the set.

How much more responsive is the smaller sprocket?
It made the biggest difference with slow tight turns and, for me at least, better gearing for local twisties which many are 20 to 30kph recommended and 1st felt too short/snappy but 2nd felt too tall/luggy. I also do big days out with lots of 100kph roads and gearing is fine for that too. I do not go high speeds, being in australia and not the US where speed limits sound like suggestions not laws :p. But read into all this what you want, because I am not one to ride the street like it's a race track.

Reactions: LowRyter

·
Registered
340 Posts
Is that a simple DIY job?

I remember my first week riding it around, thinking “what are 5th and 6th gears for?”
My service guy did it for me. I didn't want to mess around with it, but there are guys on this forum that have done it. If I recall correctly, the rear wheel might have to come off and you need to break some stupidly massive torque on the wheel nut. Someone correct me here!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
My service guy did it for me. I didn't want to mess around with it, but there are guys on this forum that have done it. If I recall correctly, the rear wheel might have to come off and you need to break some stupidly massive torque on the wheel nut. Someone correct me here!
No, not that much work at all, it’s way easy:

Remove front sprocket cover
Loosen sprocket nut
Loosen chain tension
Remove sprocket, replace with new
Tighten sprocket nut
Set chain tension
Replace sprocket cover

20 minutes tops if you’re slow.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
You will likely need an electric impact wrench to get that that off, otherwise it's an easy job. Some have said not to lock it in gear when removing or replacing the sprocket due to possible transmission damage. So a heavyweight on the rear tire and brake pedal is needed too. You might offer your neighbor a brew to assist with his big foot.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I did the 14 tooth sprocket on my 939. Easy job from what I remember. A big impact wrench is a good tool to have if you work on your own vehicles. Also make sure to have the correct size torque wrench for reassembly.

I did an ECU flash and an exhaust. The smaller sprocket was hands down the best bang for your buck performance mod. It made a HUGE difference. It will be the first mod I do once I get my new 950

1 - 20 of 20 Posts