Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
That bike is really a sportstourer. The Ducati Supersport is more like a daily supersport bike. I think a new Ducati Supersport should be much closer to the 1000SX than the old Supersport.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Perhaps a great motorcycle that's been hit by the ugly stick.

More engine, more features and more weight than the SS. I'm pretty sure the SS is better to toss around on the curves and the Kaw would make a sportier ride than an FJR.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts

Riding the Ninja is a beautifully effortless experience. The bike feels composed and stable in a straight line, yet still nimble on its feet with a little coaxing. Weighing 533 pounds fully fueled with saddlebags equipped, it does take some muscle to get down into the corners, but once settled in, is planted and carves with unwavering confidence.

<Not Surprising>

·
Registered
18 Posts
Always looking for the ultimate SPORT-touring bike, the Ninja 1000 intrigued me when originally introduced and I sat on one more than one at various AIM Expo's. I actually tried to rent one for my 10-day Alps ride last Summer but as fate had it, one wasn't available so I rented a Supersport S - the other bike that had my attention. Good thing, because I bought a White Supersport S within two weeks of returning home! I agree with other comments about the Ninja looks, and it's way too big for my needs. If you do a lot of cross-country riding, the Ninja is probably a better choice. I'm sure whatever you put in the bags stays dry compared to the SSS!...

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Always looking for the ultimate SPORT-touring bike, the Ninja 1000 intrigued me when originally introduced and I sat on one more than one at various AIM Expo's. I actually tried to rent one for my 10-day Alps ride last Summer but as fate had it, one wasn't available so I rented a Supersport S - the other bike that had my attention. Good thing, because I bought a White Supersport S within two weeks of returning home! I agree with other comments about the Ninja looks, and it's way too big for my needs. If you do a lot of cross-country riding, the Ninja is probably a better choice. I'm sure whatever you put in the bags stays dry compared to the SSS!...
Pretty much captured my feelings. Balance, weight, handling, and braking vs ultimate horsepower. I'll take the former.

And I didn't mention the styling.

·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
There are a lot of nice features on this bike for the money (cruise control anyone?), but I just can't get over the Transformer styling. Something that looks like this would NEVER occupy my garage.
Motobots.....roll out!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts