Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the HealTech or SS dongle will work on the 2021 model. Want to remove my flapper valve motor and cable but don’t want a check engine light.
Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
It took me about 30 seconds to find the answer on Healtech’s site.

In the ‘compatibility’ section, it confirms there is a compatible unit for both a SuperSport 937 S (2017 - 19) and a 950 S (2021) and it’s actually the same unit, ESE - D02

I installed one on my 2018 SSS and was able to completely remove the servo and cable. The engine management light has never come on.

Sounds heaps better, but that cat… it’s gotta go!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I was just looking on sites like Revzilla and it doesn’t list the 2021 model. I’ll order one hopefully it will be a little louder

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do. Cost $89 shipped to my house. If it’s a few db louder it will be worth it. Plus’s there seems to be an issue with the valve freezing closed if not maintained. Eliminating the motor and cable will prevent that from happening

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome. That’s what I want. Thanks. When I get it I’ll post a before and after sound clip

·
Registered
83 Posts
A few weeks ago, after installing the Servo Eliminator, I DID do a sound comparison video between the stock slip-ons and the Akrapovic slip-ons. I also recorded the sound with neither slip-on attached…

Very interesting result. Virtually no difference in volume between all thre scenarios, but the Akra does nave a nicer ‘note’.

Listen with GOOD headphones.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds good. Did you do a comparison with stock end cans with and without the servo eliminator? I’ll probably keep my stock end cans I just want them a little louder. Hopefully the exhaust servo will do that. If not I’m not out much and have eliminated a potential cel. I really wish there was a cat elimination pipe you could buy and keep the stock end cans. Lots of other bikes have this available but not this one ☹
Thanks Craig

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do love the look of your slip ons and it is amazing to me in your video that 95% of the muffling occurs in the cat. Thanks for the video! Easy to see unless you do a cat delete you are not going to change the sound very much

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know a local (ish) guy here in Australia that builds custom motorcycle exhausts. You could search for a similarly talented individual in your corner of the globe and get them to make a connector pipe. Alternatively, open up the CAT and remove its innards.

BUT…. it will be BLOODY loud! As you can see from the video, the end cans have as good as zero decibel effect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts