Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be picking up my new Supersport next Saturday (Oct 23)! Purchasing with the full Akra system this time. Previously owned a 2017 which was unfortunately involved in an incident which had insurance write it off. Can't wait to get the replacement and then watch it sit for a long Canadian winter 馃槀

Registered
But think of all the mods and goodies you can put on it during the winter :)

Reactions: Audi403

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats!!!
Thanks!

But think of all the mods and goodies you can put on it during the winter :)
I have some carbon fiber bits, rad guard, heated grips, tail tidy, and a 14t sprocket in my basement. Maybe some other bits I'm forgetting...I think the fender eliminate may not be compatible without splicing wires and I'm not sure about the rad guard since the fairings have changed.

Registered
Thanks!

I have some carbon fiber bits, rad guard, heated grips, tail tidy, and a 14t sprocket in my basement. Maybe some other bits I'm forgetting...I think the fender eliminate may not be compatible without splicing wires and I'm not sure about the rad guard since the fairings have changed.
Are they the ducati heated grips?

You'll have to get a dealer to "activate" them if you install yourself.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are they the ducati heated grips?

You'll have to get a dealer to "activate" them if you install yourself.
They are. I installed them myself on my last Supersport so I'm aware of the silly dealership activation process.

Registered
Thanks!

I took off the EvoTech Tail tidy, Radiator Guard and Oil Cooler Guard off my 939 and fitted them to my 950 - they are straight fit.

Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
Congrats @Audi403 !! Glad you are ok after said "Incident" Good luck with all the mods this coming winter :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took off the EvoTech Tail tidy, Radiator Guard and Oil Cooler Guard off my 939 and fitted them to my 950 - they are straight fit.
Awesome, good to know. Thanks for the heads up. I need to decide which tail tidy to go with. I have the Motodynamics integrated tail light but I might change it up. I kind of always liked the red lens of the OEM tail light and the MD is clear. I've also read the electrical connectors are different on the 950 vs 939. You didn't experience this? I'm guessing the tail tidy you have just utilizes the OEM tail light and signals so no wiring would be required?

Congrats @Audi403 !! Glad you are ok after said "Incident" Good luck with all the mods this coming winter :)
Thanks! It was a cool morning and I was riding to work. Was only on the bike for a few minutes when I took the on-ramp onto the highway. Wasn't riding aggressively but just the slightest roll on the throttle caused me to loose the front tire and low side. I always had the bike in sport mode. This time I'll make use of the various ride modes, traction control, ABS, etc. A good learning experience though. Cold tires and cool weather is no joke and traction can slip out from under you in a heartbeat.

Registered
I've also read the electrical connectors are different on the 950 vs 939. You didn't experience this? I'm guessing the tail tidy you have just utilizes the OEM tail light and signals so no wiring would be required?
Yes the bikes indicator (turn signal) connectors are different on the 939 to the 950. I had Ducati Performance LED Indicators on my 2017 939 and whilst they physically fit on the 2021 950 bike, the indicator connectors did not fit the connectors on the bike. I ended up ordering new Ducati Performance LED Indicators which were exactly the same with the same connector, but included a separate short 'adapter cable' to connect the indicators to the bike.

Annoyingly Ducati don't sell this 'adapter cable' separately 馃懣. I assume a good bike / automotive shop may sell the adapter cable or alternatively you can cut the connector off the indicators and fit the right connector.

Yes to the Tail Tidy utilising the bikes existing LED tail light (y)

• Angry
Reactions: djcmx49

Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
Thanks! It was a cool morning and I was riding to work. Was only on the bike for a few minutes when I took the on-ramp onto the highway. Wasn't riding aggressively but just the slightest roll on the throttle caused me to loose the front tire and low side. I always had the bike in sport mode. This time I'll make use of the various ride modes, traction control, ABS, etc. A good learning experience though. Cold tires and cool weather is no joke and traction can slip out from under you in a heartbeat.
Yikes that incident does sound terribly easy to do. I used to ride in cooler weather but now limit myself to nothing less than 10掳 C. Maybe 9掳 if it's sunny...I do use Urban mode in those situations though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yikes that incident does sound terribly easy to do. I used to ride in cooler weather but now limit myself to nothing less than 10掳 C. Maybe 9掳 if it's sunny...I do use Urban mode in those situations though.
It was 630 in the morning. Temperature was maybe 5 or 6 degrees C from what I remember. I've been riding my R1250RT this fall in cooler weather but I'm very careful with corners when it's under 7 degrees C..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts