Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Per Ducati NA's response earlier this week, anticipate delivery to your local (USA) dealer the 3rd or 4th week of April. When the batch arrives at the US port, the dealers will be notified.

For the past month, I have only been riding the old motorcycle once a week, to ensure I don't need new tires or service before the 950 arrives. Didn't think it would be as much of an issue when the deposit was placed in November. :rolleyes: Oh well, just a few more weeks.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Dealer informed me today that their shipment is due to be delivered in 2 weeks time. They get 2 weeks notification from Ducati of shipments.

Reactions: Miweber929

·
Registered
17 Posts
My dealer (Western Canada) says my bike should be arriving late April. That was the message they gave me when I put down my deposit in December. I emailed yesterday and they said delivery should still be late April.

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
Same as it was when the SS was introduced in 2017.

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Just off the phone with Ducati Detroit’s owner, Charlie.

Two on the floor are already sold but will be in the shop for the next week.

Two more arriving next week are available - red SSS and white SSS.

1000USD to secure.

Ducati Detroit uses an excellent shipper. My cost from Detroit to Florida was a very modest $500.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Looks like MotoCorsa in Portland, Oregon has gotten their first 950s. How's your hunt going Jake?
No change.

Weird thing is 2 of the dealers I followed up with today, both with my deposit, are saying they simply cannot get any info from their Ducati rep.

Like, no estimated date at all. Seems odd to me.

They've (dealer) been keeping contact with me, so I don't think they're trying to hide with my cash...

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
No change.

Weird thing is 2 of the dealers I followed up with today, both with my deposit, are saying they simply cannot get any info from their Ducati rep.

Like, no estimated date at all. Seems odd to me.

They've (dealer) been keeping contact with me, so I don't think they're trying to hide with my cash...
I wouldn’t over think it, they’ll get them soon if everyone else is starting to as well. There are always certain high volume/flagship dealerships that seem to get things sooner than the “normal” ones; there’s a super high volume dealer in Wisconsin that offered me their ‘22 Grom SP they will be getting May 28th (yes, they have an exact date and exact number) and the dealer I ordered mine through says maybe July or August and has no further details.

It’s not abnormal, but I would say if you REALLY want one, and don’t mind where you get it from, maybe start calling around to see who can get better info. Seems like Ducati Detroit may be the hot ticket now.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wouldn’t over think it, they’ll get them soon if everyone else is starting to as well. There are always certain high volume/flagship dealerships that seem to get things sooner than the “normal” ones; there’s a super high volume dealer in Wisconsin that offered me their ‘22 Grom SP they will be getting May 28th (yes, they have an exact date and exact number) and the dealer I ordered mine through says maybe July or August and has no further details.

It’s not abnormal, but I would say if you REALLY want one, and don’t mind where you get it from, maybe start calling around to see who can get better info. Seems like Ducati Detroit may be the hot ticket now.
To @Miweber929 'ss point, it is possible that the four #1's could get their bikes first. Or at least their first bikes first.

If it helps, I believe the four #1's are Motorcorsa, Ducati Miami, Ducati Newport Beach, and Hudson Valley Motorcycles. Call them and see.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Like others, I'm waiting on a 2021 SS 950 S.
I have a cash deposit at a couple different dealers waiting to see who can get one first.
If you have put cash deposits down at different Dealers, are you not in danger of losing your deposits at the Dealers that you don't get the bike from?

i.e. You put deposits down with Dealers A, B and C. Dealer B gets the bike in sooner, so you get it from him - what happens with your deposits with Dealers A and C - are they going to give it you back despite no sale as they think they can shift the bike on?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I just wonder if anyone contacted AMS in Dallas? They claim to be the number one sales dealer. They had a demo 939 in '17. It was enough to encourage me to get one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I wouldn’t over think it, they’ll get them soon if everyone else is starting to as well.
It's mostly my lack of patience :p

If you have put cash deposits down at different Dealers, are you not in danger of losing your deposits at the Dealers that you don't get the bike from?
No. I confirmed with all that there is a no risk refund on deposits. (may not be the same at all dealers, so certainly check)

·
Registered
2021 950 Supersport S
217 Posts
I called my dealer today , no word yet

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just wonder if anyone contacted AMS in Dallas? They claim to be the number one sales dealer. They had a demo 939 in '17. It was enough to encourage me to get one.
They’re #1 in their region for sales but they’re not the #1 sales dealer. For 2020 it was Newport Beach - who I suspect got the new Supersport already.

Anyways, hope this helps.

·
Registered
892 Posts
What does that word mean?
Patience or Duluthian?

Patience - an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay.

Duluthian - I have no idea

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I ordered my 950S on 26 February. The Dealer said they get 2 weeks notice from Ducati when the bikes are shipped. I thought it was pointless hassling the Dealer as they will let me know when they know. Last Thursday the 08 April, they called and said that they had received notification from Ducati that it should be with them in 2 weeks time; so around 22 April. Even then I will be waiting (patiently) as I am having some work done to it which will take about 4 days. All will be revealed in due course ;)

Until then I will get out and the 939S :)

·
Registered
892 Posts
@Triplesapper Congrats! Looking forward to your thoughts comparing the two!
Yes, with just 2 months short of being 3 years in the saddle on the 939S should give me enough of a comparison with 950S

And the good thing - all of the aftermarket goodies I took of the 939S will fit the 950S :)

21 - 40 of 75 Posts