Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

2022 950S Exhaust Tune required?

5K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Mikkser 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just picked up a brand new ‘22 950S and I have a few questions about the exhaust. First, I know that for the 950 the exhaust has been changed to comply with Euro 5 standards. I’m looking to install a new aftermarket exhaust from the 939 since it should in theory mount right up. The only thing I’m worried about is that my dealer advised me that with the Euro 5 regulations the bike is going to run super lean and that without an up map the bike is going to overheat. I don’t really buy into this but I don’t want to be naïve either, so I figured I’d ask here. Is there any danger in installing an aftermarket exhaust on the 950 with a servobuddy with no up map? And if there is, how soon will a tuning option be available?

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
@FourSixS197 Congrats and Welcome! Which exhaust are you considering for your 950?

Also, please take a few moments to introduce yourself in the New Member section, e.g. prior bikes, riding experience, etc…
Thank you, and I definitely will when I get a free second! I’m a college student and I’m in class lol. I’m installing the Delkevic decat. If I had the money I’d buy the Akra but I’m not spending $3,400 on an exhaust.

#4 ·
One of our members researched Delkevic (post #5) and the company indicating there weren’t making one for the 950. If you haven’t already, you might also contact them for their latest info.

More can also be found using the Forum “Search” function for “Delkavic” and “Delkevic”.

#6 ·
I would not eliminate the cat without tuning.

You are going to change the fueling and, as a result, the heat.

You're asking for problems doing this with no tune. The problems may not be immediate, but they will be there.

My opinion: you're better off staying stock if that's your plan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.