Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2021 SS 950S
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within the first couple months of owning my SS, had to do a couple things. Have to give credit to this forum, I think I found most of these on here.

1. Ducati Supersport 939/950 Fender Eliminator (New Rage Cycles)
Ducati Supersport 939/950 Tail Tidy Fender Eliminator Kit

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

2. Found a mounting solution for my phone.
Simple Quadlock Case and mount with vibration dampener
Key is DESMOWORLD GPS/Cam Mounting ball for 939/950SS (DESMOWORLD GPS / Cam Mounting Ball)

3. Upgraded touring wind screen - doesn’t seem like much of a change

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Sports equipment

4. Bought the Dynamoto stands (dynamotousa.com), see above. Love it! A must for my tiny garage (just down-sized to a townhouse)

5. Love the white, but wanted a little more color.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
2021 SS 950S
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice mods! Newbie question about the stands, would I have to remove my axel sliders when using the stands?
I’m a newbie too. Front axel sliders would be fine, but I don’t think this stand would work with the rear. The Dynamoto single swingarm model inserts into the axel. One of the other models might work.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
@SiUnoBianco I'm assuming the front stand cradles the tyre to allow the bike to moved around the garage and not so as you can remove the wheel? i.e. It's not supporting the bike by the headstock or the bottom of the forks

·
Registered
2021 SS 950S
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@SiUnoBianco I'm assuming the front stand cradles the tyre to allow the bike to moved around the garage and not so as you can remove the wheel? i.e. It's not supporting the bike by the headstock or the bottom of the forks
Correct, that is the only negative for the Dynamotos (that I see). I can spin the back wheel, so I can clean lube the chain, but it does not unweight the front. These are definitely about movement not maintenance.

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Registered
2021 SS 950S
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any concern about being bothered by police for making the license plate less visible? That was always my concern with the NRC Fender eliminator kit. I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with my new 950 when I pick it up this spring.
Yes, that has crossed my mind. I definitely kept the stock setup, just in case I have to go back. Time will tell.

Also, went for a short ride today (likely my only window for a while), and now I have no fender. So back of the bike and even my back got a little wet/dirty. Not horrible, but noticeable. Having a short fender might not be bad.

Looks awesome though 😉

·
Registered
679 Posts
Any concern about being bothered by police for making the license plate less visible? That was always my concern with the NRC Fender eliminator kit. I'm still trying to decide what I want to do with my new 950 when I pick it up this spring.
Have had this on mine for a number of years without issues from the police. I just don't do anything "crazy" to cause the police to look my way.

·
Registered
2021 SS 950S
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have had this on mine for a number of years without issues from the police. I just don't do anything "crazy" to cause the police to look my way.
I was hoping that same thing. If I'm not a problem, they will not make it an issue.

BTW - @spartan1984; Does your handle have anything to do with Michigan State? Or is it another Spartan reference?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Within the first couple months of owning my SS, had to do a couple things. Have to give credit to this forum, I think I found most of these on here.

2. Found a mounting solution for my phone.
Simple Quadlock Case and mount with vibration dampener
Key is DESMOWORLD GPS/Cam Mounting ball for 939/950SS (DESMOWORLD GPS / Cam Mounting Ball)

3. Upgraded touring wind screen - doesn’t seem like much of a change

View attachment 44525
Bike looks great, do you know if that mount would work after i installed the ducabike risers? Curious what shield you installed.

·
Registered
2021 SS 950S
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@SiUnoBianco how did you mount your quadlock case to the ball? Thanks
@Ajcjr sorry for missing your earlier post.

Not sure about working with the risers. The mount attaches directly to the original steering head nut. Very simple and cleaver mechanism that uses a few small post to insert into the steering head nut and a central Allen bolt to tension the mount. As long as the steering head nut is still exposed (and not recessed in any way), it should work.

·
Registered
2021 SS 950S
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@Ajcjr

I used a Ram mount short arm extension, then a couple QuadMount pieces (mentioned in the original post).

Also, I bought the Ducati Touring screen, but it does not seem like much of an upgrade/change. I’m considering buying the Puig touring shield. Looks a little wider and taller.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts