Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I put these up in this thread as kinda sad sarcasm. It is with a heavy heart and shame as it was my fault. Lucky to walk away with only broken wrist and badly bruised ribs and groin...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ed, yes I am hard on myself no doubt. It was a simple mistake and we all make it from time to time for sure. All we can do is learn from them and move on...

·
Premium Member
2,188 Posts
Glad you’re still on the sunny side of the dirt, Don!

It’s a blessing you only bruised some ribs rather than breaking them.

I’m betting the Doc set your wrist well and it’ll heal nicely...be a good patient with your physical therapy when the time comes.

Hoping for a smooth recovery!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Auch! Glad it didn’t go worse.
What happened? Maybe your hard learned lesson could save others in similar situation.

Wish you a fast recovery.

Btw. Looks like groin protectors should be an integrated part of a bikers protective outfit. That dent in the tank makes my vision all blurry.

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
Thoughts are with you mate. I cringe when I see a bike from an accident. It seems you tried to avoid it but ran out of time. Only a second more and you might have cleared it. Hard luck Don.

·
Premium Member
2,188 Posts
Good gravy, Don....did you dent your tank like that with your fur-apples and only come out of it with a “bruised groin”?

If so, you’re definitely due for a new nickname.

“The Canuck with Steel Nuts” comes to mind but, hmm, dunno....not sure.

Maybe “Fearless Rider with the Ferric Phallus”.

Don’t worry....we’ll come up with something.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good gravy, Don....did you dent your tank like that with your fur-apples and only come out of it with a “bruised groin”?

If so, you’re definitely due for a new nickname.

“The Canuck with Steel Nuts” comes to mind but, hmm, dunno....not sure.

Maybe “Fearless Rider with the Ferric Phallus”.

Don’t worry....we’ll come up with something.
OMG I can't stop laughing !!!!:laugh::laugh: When I spoke to dealer service mgr. to ask if they had received bike from towing company all he could say to me was OMG Don! the tank, the tank. Yes I can't believe that I did not break something down there after seeing how bad the tank was dented !!! I will be black/blue down there for at least a month as/per my Dr....:crying:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Auch! Glad it didn’t go worse.
What happened? Maybe your hard learned lesson could save others in similar situation.

Wish you a fast recovery.

Btw. Looks like groin protectors should be an integrated part of a bikers protective outfit. That dent in the tank makes my vision all blurry.
Thanks, summary below.

I glanced down at dash to switch riding modes apparently too long and failed to look ahead. I looked up and applied brakes but could not stop in time and hit rear end of pickup stopped on roadway.

My only advice would be don't be to preoccupied with dashboard or a GPS, I don't have a GPS/Cell phone btw, and keep eyes on roadway. Like I said simple dumb mistake that we can all make, I should have known better but it was 30 seconds into ride home and I was just not ready for it...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks, summary below.

I glanced down at dash to switch riding modes apparently too long and failed to look ahead. I looked up and applied brakes but could not stop in time and hit rear end of pickup stopped on roadway.

My only advice would be don't be to preoccupied with dashboard or a GPS, I don't have a GPS/Cell phone btw, and keep eyes on roadway. Like I said simple dumb mistake that we can all make, I should have known better but it was 30 seconds into ride home and I was just not ready for it...
Thx for sharing. A good reminder to us all how fast things can go wrong. And certainly the increasing amount of electronic equipment we can interact with on our bikes come at the cost of our attention to driving.

·
Registered
927 Posts
OMG I can't stop laughing !!!!:laugh::laugh: When I spoke to dealer service mgr. to ask if they had received bike from towing company all he could say to me was OMG Don! the tank, the tank. Yes I can't believe that I did not break something down there after seeing how bad the tank was dented !!! I will be black/blue down there for at least a month as/per my Dr....:crying:
Are the frank and beans swollen and bruised too?

Hey, how's that for a nickname: Frank and Beans?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Thx for sharing. A good reminder to us all how fast things can go wrong. And certainly the increasing amount of electronic equipment we can interact with on our bikes come at the cost of our attention to driving.
Right. I've caught myself from time to time being a little too distracted with my gauges. This is going to serve as a reminder next time I think about looking down too long.

·
Premium Member
2,188 Posts
Are the frank and beans swollen and bruised too?

Hey, how's that for a nickname: Frank and Beans?
Juanprettier nails it.....”Frank and Beans” it is!

OLD GUY at Fifth Annual: Hey, Frank can you pass me a beer?

NEW GUY at Fifth Annual: Wait, he’s Frank? I thought he was Don.

OLD GUY: Uhh, he had a bit of an off and dented his tank with his wedding tackle so we nicknamed him Frank and Beans but we just call him Frank now.

NEW GUY: Man, you guys are really into this Forum stuff, aren’t you?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Too Funny you guys are !!!

Frankly, lol, I like the nickname "Canuck with Steel Nuts" the best !! It suits the results the best IMO...Tank is proof of that isn't it???:wink2:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts