Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
My Abba skylift has arrived. 2 hours to build. Single handed job to load the bike in the stand. More convenient than dual paddock stands and certainly better than a hydraulic table since no wheels touch the surface, interestingly they are cheaper than the hydraulic tables. Edging closer to being independent of the ducati services. @steeve Thanks for the heads up on the product and brand.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My Abba skylift has arrived. 2 hours to build. Single handed job to load the bike in the stand. More convenient than dual paddock stands and certainly better than a hydraulic table since no wheels touch the surface, interestingly they are cheaper than the hydraulic tables. Edging closer to being independent of the ducati services. @steeve Thanks for the heads up on the product and brand.
Could you post a video of the bike on the Skylift? How secure do you feel it is?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Could you post a video of the bike on the Skylift? How secure do you feel it is?
I won't be posting a video, the abba videos are available on YouTube and their website. It's a safe and secure lift. The front or rear can be lifted independently or you can lift the bike level. I have used all three angles and worked underneath the bike quite comfortably in terms of it falling on my head.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,766 Posts
Anyone using an Abba Stand on the Supersport? I'm wondering if someone can confirm whether the attachments are the same as a Ducati Monster.
I'm using an Abbastand but I have no idea whether the adapters are the same for the Monster. I would think that the 821 and 1200 Monsters would be the same though. I can get you the part nos off them if that helps.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've been planning to get that Abba stand! Seems a very good and affordable way to raise the rear. I still need rear suspension measurements.

The Pitbull stand works well to remove the wheel (and change the tire) but of course not to suspend it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Knowing me, knowing you, I'd take a chance on the Abba stand, and it could make you happy as a dancing queen.
Ahaaa!

I took a chance and got one delivered today. Not used it yet but it feels solid, and pleasingly simple.
My last bike was belt driven. When cleaning Gina on Sunday I thought I need to get chain cleaning kit and lube. That was delivered on Monday and I thought great, I'll clean the chain...er...crap! Hence the abbastand purchase.

Thanks to the forum members for the info, it's invaluable :smile2:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mine is arriving tomorrow. :) Proper chain maintenance is next on my list as well, soon to be followed by a tyre replacement. (Angel GT's maybe?) I have limited space, so I ordered the package with wheels that allow moving the bike about in all directions when lifted up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.