Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i am currently looking at my next upgrade and have decided on a white supersport s. Im currently doing my research on the bike and had a couple of questions. My main one is the 2018 supersport s. Is this bike identical to the 939 aside from how it sits? Will most parts classified for a 939 fit the supersport s?
I don't want to be asking questions in the general discussion if they are different.
Thank you for your time.

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
@Geardownson Welcome! So glad you joined us! You’re going to love the SS! What are you riding now?

As you’ve probably already noticed, there’s a ton of info about the SS here, and lots of friendly and experienced riders here!

Are you referring to the Hypermotard?

There’s such a large range of parts available for the SS, what parts specifically are you inquiring about interchanging?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I currently ride a cbr600rr. I love the bike but its just not that great on me when it comes to longer rides (im 42) but ive always loved the sport look so the ducati supersport s seems to fit the bill. I have found a great deal on one so im doing my homework.
Only things i would be doing is
tank protectors/grips
adjustable levers
phone mount/usb power supply
license bracket delete
would also want a black windscreen

Thank you for the welcome!

·
Registered
756 Posts
tank protectors/grips
adjustable levers
phone mount/usb power supply
license bracket delete
would also want a black windscreen

Thank you for the welcome!
windscreen..
levers....

fender eliminator...

you have a usb plug under the seat so all you would need is a cord and snake it thru your side/frame of the bike up to the handlebar mount area. Hope this helps, enjoy the bike!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
windscreen..
levers....

fender eliminator...

you have a usb plug under the seat so all you would need is a cord and snake it thru your side/frame of the bike up to the handlebar mount area. Hope this helps, enjoy the bike!
Thanks a lot for that info! One thing ive noticed on the windscreens is that a couple offer them but they are all bigger. Is there anyone selling stock size? May be cheaper just to get it tinted.
Also, has anyone found any tank grips in the snakeskin texture that fit the bike? Im not a fan of the dots

·
Super Moderator
5,830 Posts
@Geardownson Also if you haven’t already, there’s so much information and different preferences on the Forum, you might also try the “Search” function and browse threads.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been looking via serch. I was basically trying to find out definitively that 939 supersport items would fit on a supersport s before i started looking at the items or comments.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I have been looking via serch. I was basically trying to find out definitively that 939 supersport items would fit on a supersport s before i started looking at the items or comments.
The Supersport and the Supersport S are virtually identical. The S gets you a quickshifter and a seat cover, both available on the Supersport as an option, and the Ohlins forks and shocks. There is also very little difference between the years, just a few updated part numbers from Ducati. All aftermarket accessories should fit all the bikes.

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
961 Posts
As already stated, the 939 Supersport and 939 Supersport S are virtually identical save for suspension.

Also as stated earlier, search around a bit, everything you’re asking about is well covered.

Welcome, BTW!!! The SS is a great comfortable change from a CBR600RR, also a tremendous streetbike. I had an ‘11 600RR from new for a few years; loved the bike, one of my all time favorite motorcycles. Love the SSS a lot more, however :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks a lot for that info! One thing ive noticed on the windscreens is that a couple offer them but they are all bigger. Is there anyone selling stock size? May be cheaper just to get it tinted.
Also, has anyone found any tank grips in the snakeskin texture that fit the bike? Im not a fan of the dots
Powerbronze make excellent aftermarket screens both in standard shape (stock size) and double bubble. They come in 17 different colours including clear; I have a light tint standard screen on my white Supersport S and I think it suits it perfectly.
I'm sure there must be an importer for the US? But then again you could get it direct from Powerbronze in the UK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts