Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During a ride today the yellow (ABS) light came on static and the drive mode “SPORT” together with the level indicator for ABS and DTC was continuously blinking. Switch off engine and on again looked like it had resolved the issue and bike was back to normal. But fault came back after driving only appr. 100 meters. I could easily block rear wheel. Whats going on? Any good suggestions or similar experiences how to fix this issue?

·
Administrator
7,987 Posts
@Capone Have you looked at the front and rear wheel sensors to check for potential damage there?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Capone Have you looked at the front and rear wheel sensors to check for potential damage there?
Could not see anything but will look again. Not sure what to look for. Yes if there was obvious damage from outside somehow i think i should see it. But I would think I had noticed such an event. What could happen during driving to inflict damage to the ABS system?

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
for a fast response - simply, some dirt, too big pressure from "Karcher" water gun, a piece of rock hitting the less desired way (I have a big black dot close to my key lock behind the windshield and all... somehow a rock hit there taking out a piece of color 😏

·
Registered
333 Posts
It is possible that sensors may need cleaning. Sensors are black bits with electric wire leading to them, right next to the slotted wheel. They are attached with a single screw. Remove the screw and carefully remove the sensor, as there are a stack of shims behind which you mustn't loose. Wipe everything clean with cloth and reinstall. Do the same in the other end of the bike.

It is slim chance, but worked for me once.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could not see any damage. Will try to clean the sensors when I find the time. Alternatively stop by local Ducati workshop to have them diagnose if it is front or rear that is causing the problem.

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fault gone today. Only action was to wipe off sensors before a short spin around town. Curious to see if it comes back (periodic error) or the wipe off really fixed it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, it‘s back. Have to find time to get dealer to diagnose what is causing it. :(

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Thanks for this thread. I mentioned elsewhere here that I dropped the bike off the rear stand. I fixed the only visible damage (bent clutch lever) and mechanical damage (bent spring on the clutch safety switch). Temperate weather today and I finally went for a test ride. Bike coughed, warning lights came, went in and out of limp mode, then got the ABS warning, triangle and flashing SPORT. Went home, restarted same thing. Took a look at this thread.

Went back to the bike to examine sensor and discovered that the fastening bolt was gone, luckily the bracket was still hanging on. Found an allen head bolt in my stash that actually fit, Loctite-d it in and took for a spin. Good to go.

Thanks for info on this thread. It saved me lots look up and figuring it out.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad you got yours fixed. Mine is still not fixed. Had my bike in for annual service and check of fault. Mechanic could tell me it is periodic (no sh.t!) and read-out reported a CAN bus sync error as well as ABS sensor fault (front wheel). However, according to sensor test it seems to work ok. Cleared all errors and sent me off again. 20 km later fault came back. Will take it back to shop for diagnostic and hopefully they can solve it with help from experts in Bologna. :(

·
Administrator
7,987 Posts
Thanks for the good reminder to periodically check those…fortunately, mine are tight.

·
Registered
117 Posts
@Capone - any updates?

Recently, between rides, I did 2 things:
-spliced phone charger into the extra white port on the front/right of the bike.
-hooked a ducati branded battery charger to the white/square port under the seat for about 2 days (charger was hooked direct to battery before & drained it).

Tonight, I go to ride and I have ABS error, Traction Control error, and Wheelie control error. Restarting the bike did nothing.

Bike rode fine, but without any of the above aids.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
@Capone - any updates?

-spliced phone charger into the extra white port on the front/right of the bike.
-hooked a ducati branded battery charger to the white/square port under the seat for about 2 days (charger was hooked direct to battery before & drained it).

Tonight, I go to ride and I have ABS error, Traction Control error, and Wheelie control error. Restarting the bike did nothing.

Wheelie control?

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
443 Posts
@Capone - any updates?

Interesting. I wired a radar detector to the the front right connector, and an alarm to the one under the seat of my 950. It now get a traction control error every 50 mls or so. In my case it resets when I cycle the ignition. It I made exactly the same mods to my 939 with no issue.

It's going to the dealer tomorrow. I'll let you know what they say.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Interesting. I wired a radar detector to the the front right connector, and an alarm to the one under the seat of my 950. It now get a traction control error every 50 mls or so. In my case it resets when I cycle the ignition. It I made exactly the same mods to my 939 with no issue.

It's going to the dealer tomorrow. I'll let you know what they say.
Yea, I met a few folks and did a quick ride including a stop for gas. Cycled the bike maybe 5-6 times total thru the night. All 3 errors persisted thru the whole night.

Interested to hear what your dealer says. Mine is 84 miles / 1 hr 20 minutes away (closest to me).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts