Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During a ride today the yellow (ABS) light came on static and the drive mode “SPORT” together with the level indicator for ABS and DTC was continuously blinking. Switch off engine and on again looked like it had resolved the issue and bike was back to normal. But fault came back after driving only appr. 100 meters. I could easily block rear wheel. Whats going on? Any good suggestions or similar experiences how to fix this issue?

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
@Capone Have you looked at the front and rear wheel sensors to check for potential damage there?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Capone Have you looked at the front and rear wheel sensors to check for potential damage there?
Could not see anything but will look again. Not sure what to look for. Yes if there was obvious damage from outside somehow i think i should see it. But I would think I had noticed such an event. What could happen during driving to inflict damage to the ABS system?

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
for a fast response - simply, some dirt, too big pressure from "Karcher" water gun, a piece of rock hitting the less desired way (I have a big black dot close to my key lock behind the windshield and all... somehow a rock hit there taking out a piece of color 😏

·
Registered
304 Posts
It is possible that sensors may need cleaning. Sensors are black bits with electric wire leading to them, right next to the slotted wheel. They are attached with a single screw. Remove the screw and carefully remove the sensor, as there are a stack of shims behind which you mustn't loose. Wipe everything clean with cloth and reinstall. Do the same in the other end of the bike.

It is slim chance, but worked for me once.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could not see any damage. Will try to clean the sensors when I find the time. Alternatively stop by local Ducati workshop to have them diagnose if it is front or rear that is causing the problem.

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, it‘s back. Have to find time to get dealer to diagnose what is causing it. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts