Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yea, I met a few folks and did a quick ride including a stop for gas. Cycled the bike maybe 5-6 times total thru the night. All 3 errors persisted thru the whole night.

Interested to hear what your dealer says. Mine is 84 miles / 1 hr 20 minutes away (closest to me).
The black port I used is the dia
Yea, I met a few folks and did a quick ride including a stop for gas. Cycled the bike maybe 5-6 times total thru the night. All 3 errors persisted thru the whole night.

Interested to hear what your dealer says. Mine is 84 miles / 1 hr 20 minutes away (closest to me).
Looks like we, or at least I, messed up. The black red connector I used was the diagnostic plug. I'd used the same one on the 939 without any issues. But on the 950 it threw up the error codes.

The technician isn't sure whether simply disconnecting it will fix the problem. I just have to ride it and see.

Hopefully, your battery charger didn't fry anything. But if disconnecting it hasn't fixed the issue, it looks like you'll have to take it in.

Good luck.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The black port I used is the dia
Looks like we, or at least I, messed up. The black red connector I used was the diagnostic plug. I'd used the same one on the 939 without any issues. But on the 950 it threw up the error codes.

The technician isn't sure whether simply disconnecting it will fix the problem. I just have to ride it and see.

Hopefully, your battery charger didn't fry anything. But if disconnecting it hasn't fixed the issue, it looks like you'll have to take it in.

Good luck.
Black/red under the seat I guess?

I didn't touch any black/red port there. I'll post a pic of what I used later.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Actually, red/white.

Actually red with a white blank. View attachment 44106
Since we didn't use the same connectors, I'm not going to be able to provide a definitive answer. But, it does seem that at least this underseat connector can mess with ABS and TC. My dealer gave me a 27 page print out of error codes.

Hopefully, yours is something else and not serious.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ok, same port (1) that I used for charging the battery with the supplied adapter in the Ducati charger (2)
Hand Light Automotive lighting Product Finger

Anyone know if this is wrong?
If so - why does ducati supply the adapter with their charger? Other models maybe?

Or - maybe the above is ok, and my potential screw-up was splicing into the front / right port?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ok, same port (1) that I used for charging the battery with the supplied adapter in the Ducati charger (2) View attachment 44107

Anyone know if this is wrong?
If so - why does ducati supply the adapter with their charger? Other models maybe?

Or - maybe the above is ok, and my potential screw-up was splicing into the front / right port?
The tech didn't say for certain that using the +/- from this connector HAD caused the issue. But he did say that since it communicates with the ECU it MIGHT have.

He disconnected the alarm, cleared all the codes and asked me to take it for a long ride and report back.

Since you used a Ducati charger I'd say you have a good case if it did cause an issue.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Here's the (white) port I spliced my charger into on the front/right, just incase.

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Tire

I disconnected & cycled the bike just to see. No change, all errors persist.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I lost my speedo this morning.

Just sits at 0 while riding. 😐
Since the speedo runs off the wheel sensors I am not surprised since you have all those errors. I'd unplug everything you've recently done, even if it shouldn't make a difference, leave the battery unplugged for a few hours and see if it resets. Otherwise sounds like a dealer trip.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Since the speedo runs off the wheel sensors I am not surprised since you have all those errors. I'd unplug everything you've recently done, even if it shouldn't make a difference, leave the battery unplugged for a few hours and see if it resets. Otherwise sounds like a dealer trip.
This is the next plan. Haven't had a chance to since I've been riding, but will be doing this tonight. Appreciate the tip.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Disconnected negative terminal overnight. Nothing changed, same errors.

Will need to get it to the dealer.

·
Administrator
8,111 Posts
@GPJake Possible to disconnect the wiring and/or devices that were newly added?

@Capone Able to go to the dealer yet?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Already did before I disconnected the - ve terminal overnight. It was just my wireless charging phone mount connected to the front/right blank port.
Looks like I got lucky. 160 mls today with no alarms...... touch wood.

Hope you share my luck.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks like I got lucky. 160 mls today with no alarms...... touch wood.

Hope you share my luck.
Making calls to other dealers today to see which I want to take it to.

Called my dealer yesterday & their ducati wiz is out of commission for a while due to a moto wreck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
@GPJake Possible to disconnect the wiring and/or devices that were newly added?

@Capone Able to go to the dealer yet?
Picked up the bike from dealer yesterday. He spend quite some time on it. We had agreed that he would exchange the front speed sensor. Unfortunately, that did not fix the problem. So it is not the speed sensor even if that is the error that is reported. It is not breaks in wiring to the speedsensor as it runs all the way to the back of the steering stem. The phonic wheel seems intact and even. He tried to adjust the sensor distance also. No cigar.
I think it is interesting that others with the same/similar error has spliced chargers to the switched power connecter right hand side of the steering stem. I have that too. First time I experienced the ABS/TRC error was a drive after I had pulled the wires a bit to show a fellow where the connector was. So I already from the beginning suspected that and disconnected the USB charger and went for a drive. But the fault came on again.
Sometimes I can ride 10 or 20 km before the fault comes on, sometimes it is 0.5 km or less.
The first error read out also besides the Speed sensor fault had a CAN error, but that has not shown up again. So now believed to be unrelated. Please keep posting what you try and learn.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts