Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yes, been riding like a bat out of hell. It is annoying to have the bright warning lights and dash RM flashing. But as long as you realise that you do not have ABS and DTC available I feel like it is just an old school superbike :)
I really hate electronics that put on an act. My front sensor was exchanged, so I know that is not the culprit. Could be as Rhino suggests a kink somewhere else in the wiring but I still didnt find anything that could cause this error without making other serious errors.
Please keep posting what you find/try.
Thanks @Capone I am going to take it to my dealer. Just couldn't find any wiring amiss around battery or at the front of the tank And I don't have time to strip the whole bike down to trace all the wires at the moment. Will report back whe I have learned more.

Reactions: Capone

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just got the bike back from the dealer. They found one fault code for the exhaust flap servo, due to some stones getting caught in the servo somewhere (in my search for the ABS wiring fault last weekend, I had already found that one of the servo motor mounting bolts was missing and I replaced it; being loose might be why the stones got in there).

They cleaned the ABS sensors (which I had done also) and they test rode the bike 15km without the error coming up. So I picked it up today, but as soon as I rolled out of the dealer's driveway, the fault was back. I didn't want to take the bike back on a Friday afternoon, so I just called them to let them know, and they said they'll have a discussion after the weekend to find out what to do next.

I almost want to cry. I have a really bad feeling it will take a long time to find the cause of this. Hoping Ducati techs have a worldwide network to learn from each other??

But in the meantime, I'll just do what @Capone is doing, and ride it, using this as an opportunity to sharpen my braking and cornering skills without the tech to compensate for me. Hopefully my earlier years of riding dirt bikes will have embedded some level of skill in handling locking up wheels and sliding!!!! But none of my dirt bikes had anywhere near 110hp, and they weighed only half as much...

I'll keep you all posted if a solution ever presents itself. Or if I end up tackling the horrifying job of tracing for damage in the wiring loom. I hate wires.

• Sad
Reactions: Capone

·
Administrator
8,111 Posts
Sorry @Boe A bit surprised the test didn’t throw more fault codes. Maybe one of the sensors failed.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Sad they couldn't resolve the error. Also surprised they didn't read out which sensor it relates to. If there is a dash error I would expect it also to be logged.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sorry I didn't mention, yes they did find a fault code with the ABS/speed sensor, but didn't say whether front or rear. They didn't give me the report, maybe because they didn't charge me for this, yet, until I could ride it and see if the fault was gone. So more testing is likely the next step. Stay tuned...

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
If they have the error code they probably have a good idea of what happened. They also know which component is faulty, or the wires related to that component. With any luck, they will be able to order a sensor and you drop the bike in one morning to swap it over.

Lack of ABS wouldn't worry me on the supersport, we've been riding bikes with these power characteristics for years without ABS. How many times has it intervened when you've been riding? If you ride to the conditions and brake when the bike is upright you'll be right.

·
Registered
340 Posts
If they have the error code they probably have a good idea of what happened. They also know which component is faulty, or the wires related to that component. With any luck, they will be able to order a sensor and you drop the bike in one morning to swap it over.

Lack of ABS wouldn't worry me on the supersport, we've been riding bikes with these power characteristics for years without ABS. How many times has it intervened when you've been riding? If you ride to the conditions and brake when the bike is upright you'll be right.
I haven't activated the ABS on this bike, but did have two cornering situations with a momentary mild loss of traction that was more fun than problematic and maybe the DTS corrected it but not sure. I ride to the conditions and my skill level so not overly worried. But I do like the safety net for that one time I cannot control...

I will update once I get more advice from my dealer.

Reactions: theresanothersteve

·
Registered
2018 Supersport S and 2020 Monster 1200 S
31 Posts
I'm be a bit late on this, did they check the front abs wiring under the front guard?

61 - 71 of 71 Posts