Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
No I ordered mine from the dealer, it's specifically for the Supersport (both models). The dealers accessories programme actually shows the part where sadly the public site doesn't.

Have a look on the equipment bit of the Ducati website, look at the unit for the 959 Panigale, it's very similar.

null - Ducati Accessories

I like the look af that one...very clean

·
Registered
349 Posts
Color me confused!!

If you Google the part number Ducati lists for the SS939 tail tidy, it comes up with links to European Ducati dealer sites which list that number as a tail tidy for the M1200, not the 959. At least, that is what my searching has come up with so far.

Ducati 97380721A is the pn for the SS939 per the accessory site. The 959 pn is 96690112A.

Maybe someone has better info?

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Our plates/tags are much smaller here in the US. I would assume that the model number will be different?

I really like the look of the NRC tidy, The integrated signals are nice. They do make one for the Monster...I would also assume that if it fits the M1200 then it would fit the SS?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M5FGDTK?psc=1&smid=A1PD7K2ZMAN1YY

·
Registered
349 Posts
Have you seen a New Rage light? IMO, their fit, form, and finish is not what I would install on a Ducati. But, YMMV. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Have you seen a New Rage light? IMO, their fit, form, and finish is not what I would install on a Ducati. But, YMMV. :smile2:
I see what you mean re; the light. I would want to see what the return policy is before I order anything.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The Ducati tail tidy for the SS939 is indeed PN 97380721A and is the same for the new Monster 1200 and 797.
I took a picture of it at the EICMA show.
Does anyone know if this kit comes with the LED signals? Or will it work with the stock signals?

Thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
Does anyone know if this kit comes with the LED signals? Or will it work with the stock signals?

Thanks
it's clearly said it's compatible with stock.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
No it doesn't, you need the LED lights as an extra but you don't have to have them.

Sorry if I caused any confusion, I did say the tail tidy was 'similar' not the same as the 959. As there isn't a picture I could find and I wasn't sure when I posted if it was 'the same' as that fitted to other models. I didn't find that out until I ordered one.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I can't believe that there is so little available from any of the typical aftermarket vendors

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Color me confused!!

If you Google the part number Ducati lists for the SS939 tail tidy, it comes up with links to European Ducati dealer sites which list that number as a tail tidy for the M1200, not the 959. At least, that is what my searching has come up with so far.

Ducati 97380721A is the pn for the SS939 per the accessory site. The 959 pn is 96690112A.

Maybe someone has better info?
The tail tidy is compatible with 2017 models of SS, 1200 monster, and 797 monster.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The frame sliders look interesting. The bolt ons certainly seem easier than drilling holes into the fairings, but they do look like they might be in the way of your knee when moving around on the bike.
I took a good look at the mounting location and the bike today. They are a long way from my bent knee even during a tight corner. I going to pick some up as I have no intention of drilling the faring but need some additional protection for the spill to come.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I took a good look at the mounting location and the bike today. They are a long way from my bent knee even during a tight corner. I going to pick some up as I have no intention of drilling the faring but need some additional protection for the spill to come.
Good to know! Thanks for checking on that.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I can't believe that there is so little available from any of the typical aftermarket vendors
Why wouldn't you believe it? The bike just became available to the public/vendors and it takes some time to design parts to fit the new machine.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts